Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, November 6th

Another Beautiful Morning!  I looked out to see if we received any snow and we didn't.  So glad we didn't...
I've been battling this cough and runny nose sill so I've been taking dayquil and nightquil to help.  Paul ended up catching something also. :-(  Hopefully we can get over it soon...
This weekend starts deer hunting.  So our first round of deer hunters will be here.  We are expecting around 8 hunters. :-) Paul and Leo are going out shopping today.

I've been taking it easy, listening to a Christian raidio station and cleaning. :-). There were a couple of songs on the radio that touched my soul. :-). One song was talking about what direction I should be going...if I should be doing something, show me or if I should be still, grant me peace.  It was the first time I've heard it. :-) It was exactly what I needed to hear.

Well, a few weeks ago I applied for several part time positions.  I've been called for 5 interviews so far. So today I go in at 10 for my first.  I'm not sure what they will say or do when they find out I have DM and Lupus.  I am still unable to do a lot but I am thinking about the new insurance Obama Care.  I need to have insurance by the end of the year or pay a penalty. :-(  I don't have insurance.  I applied for disability but still haven't heard. It's sad how the system works...those that really need it has to wait for years to find out if we get it. :-(
I'm not one to wait until the last minute.  This is why the song hit me the way it did...

So thankful for all I can do...

--------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The Circle of Our Impact

Read | Matthew 5:14-16

One of today’s great tragedies is that so many people live chaotic lives with no real purpose. We would expect this from non-believers, but Christians should live out the knowledge that God has a very specific purpose for each person. When we consider what He has invested in us, it is no wonder that He wants to see us bear fruit in the lives of others. We can powerfully impact those in our circle of influence, much the way a stone tossed into a pond will make expanding concentric ripples.

In today’s passage, Jesus describes believers as light and calls us to reflect Him in a sin-darkened culture. Like the moon reflecting the light of the sun, we are to let the truth and beauty of the indwelling Christ shine out through our conduct, conversation, and character. In doing so, we must put away sin because it diminishes our light, as does soot on the globe of a lantern.

Our influence on others should be purposeful rather than haphazard. We ought to ask ourselves which people we are impacting. Are we in fact making a difference in anyone’s life? The truth is, we can turn our “ripples” into powerful waves for God that affect wide circles of individuals. For instance, consider the impact of prayer. There’s no end to its possibilities—your influence can extend to the remotest places on earth when you are on your knees before the Lord.

Don’t ever underestimate the scope and circle of your influence when you are obedient to God. By following Him, you live out what it means to be the “light of the world.”

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment