Saturday, November 2, 2013

Highs and Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, November 2nd

Another beautiful morning. :-).
We had a great time visiting the kids and grandkids.  :-) Jesse always feeds us good, we never go away hunger.  We brought home two new recipes, an oatmeal bake and a pecan pie bar.  :-). We are looking forward to making these new recipes at home.  We also got a chance to see Joanna's new place...it's really nice.  We will miss them.  It would be nice if we could move everyone to Oklahoma :-). The weather is so much nicer.

I enjoyed going to the Fair of the Heart. It has so many things to look at...both old and new. :-)

We finally left for home yesterday around 9am after having to run back to pick up my purse.  The last thing I needed to forget.  :-).
Yesterday, we had a beautiful dive back home.  The tree's colors were so brilliant.  The pictures really don't show the splendidness of the scenery we were able to enjoy. :-)

On our way home I received a call from my Dr and she seems concerned because of my mouth sores and my symptoms increasing.  She want me to call her Tuesday to check in.  She upped my prednisone hoping it would stop the attack on my body.Hopefully it does.  I started the higher dose on Thursday and I am feeling a little relief but not completely.  I didn't sleep good again last night.  I would have thought, sleeping in my own bed, I would have. :-(

I learned a few lessons along the way.  Isn't it funny how the littlest things can teach us so much.
Before leaving for Oklahoma, I was getting restless so I told Paul I was going to apply for a part-time job.  Well, I applied and when we were away I realized my mind may think I was ready but my body is not there yet.  I still have a very hard time out in the uv or with artificial lights.  This isn't anyway to live. :-(  We were listening to a classic county station, 540 out of Ft. Dodge on our drive home and they were talking about a 37 year old dedicated salvation army employee who got cancer.  Her husband ended up getting cancer also.  She wrote a book about her struggles.  Which they quoted...do you think I could remember...not exactly.  I think it was something like this...through it all she had a  joyfilled faith.  Always have a joyfilled faith. The brought up a bible verse she quoted from. This morning I am planning on searching for it.  A great verse for me in my time of pain and struggles.  :-). I will always remain joyful :-). Both her and her husband lost their battle with cancer.  :-(
We don't learn to appreciate the simple things in life until we lose them and at that time we wish we had it/them back. Be greatful for all things.  They are gifts for us to enjoy today.  We don't know if we will have them tomorrow. :-(

I am so thankful for all I have and for all I can do. :-)

A good friend ordered me a picture that reads...what if we only get today what we prayed for yesterday.  A good reminder for us all.  Pray for all things...Amen

--------------------------
Today's Bible Study

His Empowering Presence

Read | Jeremiah 1:6-10

When was the last time you felt God’s presence? I’m not talking about an intellectual understanding that the Lord is with you because He’s everywhere. Instead, what I’m asking is, When was the last time you experienced a heartfelt realization that He personally and intimately abides with you?

If you’re like many believers today, it may have been a while since you really felt His presence. Too many people go about their daily life without a genuine sense of God’s closeness. What a tragedy!

In the Scriptures, when God called someone into service, the first thing He did was to remind that person of His enduring presence. We see examples of this in the stories of Moses (Ex. 3:11-12), Joshua (Josh. 1:1-9), Gideon (Judg. 6:12), and Jeremiah (Jer. 1:6-8), to name just a few. Every time God called one of His servants into action, His message was, “You can be strong and courageous because I am with you. Victory isn’t about your abilities, your strength, your skill, your armor, your gifts, or your dedication; it is completely centered on My presence. You can be strong because I will be strong in and through you.”

God repeatedly assured His followers of His presence so they would remember the reason they could have confidence. And He wants to do the same for you.

The Lord knows how difficult life can be, and He’s aware of the details of each struggle you’ll ever face. As believers in Christ Jesus, we can trust that our heavenly Father will keep His word. He is with us right now, and He always will be (Heb. 13:5-6).

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment