Thursday, November 21, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Thursday, November 21st

Another Beautiful Day!

This morning I am going out for breakfast with grandma Marion and then over to pick Kaylee up from daycare.  She's doing much better. :-) Erik is now battling the cold/flu.  We don't want Christine to get it.  Christine only has a few weeks left before baby is due, December 10th is her due date. The Dr told Christine the baby could come anytime after the 18th of November. I'm looking forward to holding the newest addition to our family... :-)

I received a call from the social worker from the hospital Gloria is in and they made additional changes to her medication yesterday.  It sounds like she may be getting out in the earlier part of next week. :-)

At my Dr appointment yesterday, I was put in my place by Dr Danning.  She told me my number one priority is taking care of myself.  The Lupus and DM are not undercontrol and until we get to that point she doesn't want me to be looking for a job. 

The Methotrexate doesn't seem to be doing it's job by itself so Dr Danning added another medication that is used with methotrexate to treat DM patients.  So I started it that this morning. 
If this combination doesn't work my next step and only other opinion is infusions.  I would take the infusion 4 times a year, they usually takes 6 hours each time and is given in sets of 2 every 6 months.  Each infusion costs $20,000.00 per time, so a total of $80,000.00 a year to help ease my symptoms...wow what a huge price tag. :-(  Please pray this new combination works so I don't have to go down the other path. 
Appreciate what you have...your health is one of the greatest gifts you have. :-)

I appreciate everyday I can spend with my family and friends... :-)

-----------------------
Today's Bible Study

Relying on God’s Power, Not Our Own

Read | Philippians 4:10-13

Humanly speaking, the apostle Paul had much to boast about—his qualifications are found in Philippians 3:4-6. However, he understood that impressive “credentials” are not what really matter. Paul rightly saw that knowing Christ and relying on Him are the source of genuine value in life.

Writing from places that were lowly in both a physical and emotional sense, the apostle is a triumphant example of how believers should view themselves—namely, as the Father does. The best way to do that is to recognize God as the source of our power: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” (4:13).

Many of us know this verse by heart, but have we accepted its truth? To say “all things” may seem like a bold statement, but it is balanced. The emphasis is not on “I can,” but rather on the fact that I can through Christ—He supplies everything we need to carry out His plan for our life.

This verse is an important confession that we cannot do God’s will in our own power. But that does not mean we should simply sit back and become spectators. As Christians, we have a responsibility to obey the Lord’s leading in small matters as well as in “big” circumstances. What’s more, it is our hands, feet, body, voice, compassion, and desires that the Father will use to accomplish His ultimate goals for our lives.

Obeying by faith can seem frightening, but the comfort zone isn’t where godly people choose to spend their time. To do all things through Christ involves some risks, but you’ll discover that the rewards for obedience are deeply satisfying.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment