Friday, November 1, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Friday, November 1st

Another Beautiful morning...
Yesterday turned out to be a very nice day. :-)  The sun was shining in the afternoon, just in time for trick or treating.  We went over to Grant's school to watch him trick or treat around the college and then both boys went out last night. :-)

I decided to sleep in a recliner last night.  I've been swollen and in a lot of pain.  I didn't want to keep Paul up if I tossed and turned.

I called my Dr yesterday concerned about the sores I have in my mouth.  Some of my other symptoms are increasing also.  Dr Danning's nurse called me back and upped my prednisone from 12.5 to 20 and stop taking the cymbalta.  If I don't see changes in my symptoms by mid week I need to go in and see her. :-(

I woke up this morning feeling 50% better.  I am so thankful for the prednisone. :-)
Today, we are leaving at around 8:30am and driving straight through...heading back home...
We will miss the kids and grandkids. :-(

So thankful for our family and friends.
-------------------------
Today's Bible Study

"Finishing is better than starting.
  Patience is better than pride."

Ecclesiastes 7:8

Encouragement for Today

Are you a "finisher" or a "starter"? This verse says it's better to finish than to start. Are there any unfinished projects that you need to deal with before you start another? It may take patience to do so, but that too is better than the pride of thinking you can do more than you realistically can. (The Bible is so practical!)

—Diane Eble, author of Abundant Gifts: A Daybook of Grace-Filled Devotions

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment