Another Beautiful Day!
Today, I'm hoping to get the rest of the plants in before we have a hard freeze. I'm cleaning up the front porch so I can fit the rest of my plants in.
The leds for the Spinal Cord Stimulator was taken out on Friday. I found out that when they placed the stimulator, I ended up with 6 holes instead of the 2 holes as they search for the right area to place them...it took the Dr awhile.
The stimulator did a great job blocking the pain signals to the brain. Before I left the Dr office, on Friday, I told them I was interested in the permanent stimulator. But before I can have it placed the Dr wants me to get down to 5mg of prednisone. Currently I'm at 10 mg. So after we return from Oklahoma next week I will go down to 7.5mg and a week and a half later I go down to 6mg and a week later I will go down to 5mg. It may be temporary but I will be down to the 5mg to help the healing process go better :-) I will be out of commission for 8 weeks. No bending, reaching, moving more than 30 degrees or lifting. They want the scare tissue to form around the leds to hold them in place. I will have to carry a medical card at all times. The remote control will the way I control the controller which is placed under my skin in a pocket on my back.
I'm having the stimulator placed on the 22nd of November. If I have a flare before then I may need to go up instead of down on my prednisone and if that happens I will have to wait until I can get the prednisone down.
I've also been experimenting with the gabapentin, the nerve pain medication. I was told when talking with the pain Dr that I'm on a low dose of the pain medication so I have room if I want to go up to see if a higher dose of gabapentin will help. So I thought I would see how upping the medication helps. I'm not sure which would be the best route to go...Please pray for me as I prepare for the surgery, if this is in God's plan.
I am so thankful for all I can do...
Have a beautiful day!
God's Peace to you and your family!