Sunday, August 4, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Sunday, August 4th

Another beautiful sunny morning with highs only in the 70's today.   :-) Loving this weather...

On my way down to Winona to pick up a prescription yesterday I was listening to a christian speaker talking about God being with us during our most difficult times and how he uses those times to mold us into his likeness.

Dealing with DM, Lupus and the shingles has been frustrating,  difficult and even scary at times  but I know I can do this with the help from my Drs and God.  :-)

After sunset last night we sat by the fire and watched fireworks  :-) It was Kaylee's first time watching fireworks.  It felt so nice going out without a hat and gloves. I'm going to have to do it more often.  :-) I'll be a night owl...
The grandkids had a great time playing together.  We are planning another campfire, more fireworks and smores tonight :-)

    --------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Chosen for the Furnace

"Then he said: 'The God of our fathers has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth.'"

The Scripture for today offers words of comfort when it says we are His chosen ones. In fact, Jesus reminds us that we have not chosen Him, but He has chosen us. He has chosen us to serve and worship Him, to receive every spiritual blessing and a heavenly inheritance.

But to some of His loved ones, He whispers, "I have chosen you for the furnace of affliction." Yes, He does choose some of His children to suffer. Consider the apostle Paul. God said of him, "He is a chosen vessel unto me for I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake." (Acts 9:15-16, KJV).

Chosen to serve Him, yes; to praise Him, of course; but to suffer for Him?  If you have severe aches and pains, a husband gone astray, a wife with manic depression, or some other painful circumstances, He has a word that is spoken particularly for you: you are a chosen vessel chosen to suffer.

Thank You, God of all comfort, for speaking words that serve as a balm to my soul. Thank you for entrusting me to be one of your chosen and continue to use me to glorify Your name.  Amen

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment