Sunday, August 11, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Sunday, August 11th

Another beautiful morning! We are finally getting our much needed rain. :-)

Today will be a busy one...Mass at 8:30am and back to church at 11:00am to get things set up for the Miller family reunion. :-) The Miller reunion has been held on the second Sunday in August for 18 years now. :-)

Recently I was thinking about my family, I was reminded of a time when I would go over to my grandparents for spiritual inspiration. On one of my visits grandma gave me this...

Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago. One day I saw a sign that read Heaven's Grocery Store.

As I got a little closer the door came open wide and when I came to myself I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere and one handed me a basket and said my child, shop with care.

Everything a Christian needs was in the grocery store and all you could not carry you could come back the next day for more.

First, I got some patience and love was in the same row, farther down was understanding, you need that everywhere you go.

I got a little box or two of wisdom and a bag or two of faith, I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.

I got some strength and courage to help me run this race, and by then my basket was getting full, then I remembered I needed some grace.

I didn't forget salvation, it was free, so I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.

I started up to the counter to pay the grocery bill, for I thought I had everything I needed to do my Master's will.

As I went up the aisle I saw a prayer, I just had to put that in my basket, for I knew that when I stepped out I'd run right into sin.

Peace and joy were plentiful so I helped myself to those.

I said to the angle,"How much do I owe?" He just smiled and said just take these everywhere you go. I smiled at him and said "How much do I really owe?"

He smiled again and said,"My Child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago."

I was thinking about this last month...trying to find it online but was unsuccessful. Then as I was reading posts on the Inspire support site this week I saw it.

It has been awhile since I've read this. It is a good reminder of all God has to offer. God is my everything expecally though difficult times...

Thank you Lord for being there no matter what I may be going through. Be my all, my rock to stand on in times of trouble. Amen

-------------------------
 
"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." —Anaïs Nin

Miraculous Being Meditation

In today’s meditation we will delight in the gifts of spirit. On this special guided journey, we invite you to listen to the wisdom of your heart and let your experience unfold with ease and grace.

Our centering thought for today is:

I am love. I am eternal. I am Spirit

MINDFUL MOMENT

As we prepare for today’s meditation, take a few slow, gentle breaths. Breath is the movement of spirit in its subtlest physical expression. As you breathe slowly and gently, the body relaxes, the mind finds its still point, and the stage is set for inspiration—the flowing in of spirit.

-----------------------
Today's Bible Study

By Dr. Charles Stanley

Discouragement
It’s natural to experience discouragement when someone lets you down. But unfortunately, this emotion can be a breeding ground for bitterness and resentment. If we blame God for what happened, our devotion to Him may suffer. We might forsake spending time alone with Him or give up on the dreams He gave us. Eventually, we could give up on Him altogether. Disappointment has the potential to poison our entire lives. Unless you and I respond to it wisely, we can become overwhelmed by hopelessness, cynicism, and depression.

David experienced discouragement. Samuel had anointed him king of Israel, but for years the former shepherd had to live in the wilderness, running from Saul. Through that difficult time, he looked to the Lord for encouragement. Psalm 23 gives us insight into how David coped with unexpected setbacks.

First, David turned to God with his discouragement. “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want” (v. 1). He didn’t ask, What am I going to do? He knew Who the source of his strength was. God would both show him how to deal with the situation and reveal any feelings of disappointment.

David went on to write, “He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters” (v. 2). When our hearts are in tune with the Lord, we will have peace. Even though we may be in the middle of a trial, we will be able to walk through difficulty without becoming overwhelmed by fear.

You may not know why God has allowed disappointment, frustration, or deep sorrow in your life. Regardless, what matters most is the focus of your faith. Is it set on God or your ability? The Lord has good plans for your life, but they will likely include more than just mountaintop experiences; you must be willing to walk with Him through the valleys as well.

Second, David admitted there was a problem. He did not try to deny or ignore it. We have to wonder how many times Satan whispered, “You are never going to be king” or “You will die in battle before you take the throne.” The Enemy’s tactic is to draw us away from God by planting seeds of doubt. However, David resisted. He had a personal, loving relationship with the Creator of the universe and knew that the Lord would fulfill His promise at the right time. Hebrews 11:6 says, “Without faith it is impossible to please [God], for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.”

Third, David understood that the Lord had allowed his trials, and there was purpose in his suffering. Instead of sinking into despair, David immediately turned to God, admitted there was a problem, and acknowledged his inability to face it alone. He refused to let the Enemy’s attack overwhelm him. And He realized the Lord wanted to teach him a lesson.
The same is true for you. When trouble comes, you can know without a doubt that God plans to use it for good (Rom. 8:28-29).

Fourth, David kept his focus on the Lord. There will be times when you receive conflicting information. For instance, a friend’s advice may clash with what your mind tells you. In cases like this, ask God to make His will perfectly clear.

Open your Bible, get on your knees, and cry out, “Lord, speak to my heart. Help me hear Your voice so I will have clear guidance through this stressful time.” Sometimes the Lord will lift the discouragement immediately and completely because you have turned to Him in faith. When that happens, thank Him for the truth of Jeremiah 33:3: “Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.”

David often recalled the times God had delivered him in the past. The cornerstone of his confidence was the Lord’s faithfulness. Time after time, he had witnessed God’s goodness at work in his life. Therefore, he could say, “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows” (Ps. 23:5).

Finally, David confessed with his mouth that God would fulfill His promise. “Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever” (Ps. 23:6). When it came to devotion, there was no question that David was committed to God.

You can overcome discouragement by proclaiming biblical truth. Turn to God’s Word and study about His faithfulness, attributes, and promises to the church. Dig deep and you will gain an awesome perspective of His nature—who He is and the depth of His intimate love for you. The Father listens when you pray to Him, and He will come to your aid, just as He did for David.

Adapted from “Landmines in the Pathway of the Believer” (2007).

 Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment