Friday, August 2, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Friday, August 2nd

Another beautiful morning! Sunny and warm today.

Today the kids and grandkids are coming from Oklahoma...They will be here shortly after lunch. :-)

Yesterday afternoon Kris and I picked up the last load from Owatonna. :-) I am so thankful to have that task completed :-)

I am still working really hard at cleaning other things out around our home. Kris continues to remind me that this is just stuff.What is important is our family and friends...the people in our lives. He is right...I told him I wanted to make sure I saved the things I thought they would want in the future. There is a lot of nice things and personal things. :-).

Going through things around the house I found some items of their dads...I didn't think the boys wanted them but Erik did.  That is why it's so hard to toss things...it's that personal connection to the past for the boys and myself...                                                                      .           --------------------

I realize that life is more than my circumstances, more than my fears.  It's a journey to help us grow and experience the joy that passes all understanding. :-)

I am not meant to be on this journey alone.  Asking for support makes my life easier and invites grace.  If I am willing to give and receive love, to encourage and support an another, to be one hundred percent authentic with those I love, I can experience greater strength, compassion, and enthusiasm than we experience alone.

Everyone of us faces challenging circumstances in our lives. We go through hard times. We make plans, and those plans change.
When the unexpected knocks us down, we are being called to remember who we are in Christ.  In and through all things, the power of God guides, supports, and comforts me.

I can do this with the help and support from God and others. :-)

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment