Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, August 20th

Another beautiful morning.  We really need some rain...

I had a better day yesterday so I didn't call my Dr...I'll hang in there until my appointment on Thursday unless something else pops up :-)

I picked up Kaylee at 11:30am from daycare and I decided to go visit Grandmas in Faribault.  It's been almost two weeks already. Both enjoyed seeing her. She continues to grow so fast :-). We didn't make it back home until around 5:00pm...was a long day.    :-) Swollen and sore but it wasn't as bad as it has been...I could walk.  :-) When we got back I put my feet up.

Funny how one day is so different from the next.  I'm not doing anything any different...I don't think????
Was it something I ate????  That was probably the only thing that was different...
Paul picked up some cheese from a cheese market, so we've been eating cheese and crackers for a before bed snack...
Sunday night we had vanilla yogurt instead and I had a better day yesterday...
Last night we had cheese and crackers again...this morning I'm already swollen and in extreme pain...will see if taking the medicine helps... :-)

----------------------------
Today's Meditation

"The world changes when we change. The world softens when we soften. The world loves us when we choose to love the world." 
—Marianne Williamson

When we meditate on a regular basis, we develop what is known as “witnessing awareness”—the ability to calmly and objectively observe a situation, acknowledge when we are being triggered, and consciously choose how we want to respond. Instead of feeling stuck in knee-jerk reactions and conditioned patterns of behavior, we free ourselves to make choices that will help us fulfill our deepest desires for love, fulfillment, and happiness.

In today’s meditation we will deepen our experience of witnessing awareness as we practice staying present with our emotions. So often there is a tendency to judge certain feelings as “negative” or “wrong.” We may resist feeling these emotions but this only increases our pain. Every emotion has a valuable message for us, and as we allow ourselves to feel and hold each emotion in loving awareness, our relationship with our self and with everyone in our lives will become more authentic and whole.

Our centering thought for today is:

I release and my heart is at peace.

MINDFUL MOMENT

Today set the intention to consult your heart before you act on any emotion. Your heart is a reliable guide that helps you experience empathy, compassion, and love. The heart is the seat of emotional intelligence, and it allows you to get in touch with your true self. It nurtures all of your relationships by reminding you to see yourself in the other. See through the eye of your heart and you open the doorway to manifesting the life and relationships you most desire.

----------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Time for Success

Read | Ephesians 5:15-17

For Christ-followers, succeeding in God’s eyes is the only kind of achievement that matters. Sometimes, however, success seems to elude us. When it does, examining what we are thinking and how we’re spending our time can help us move forward. There’s a relationship between spiritual success and the way we use our time. To become the person God wants each of us to be and to achieve the tasks He’s given us to do, we must manage our time carefully.

Time is a gift God has given us, and we’re accountable to Him for the way we spend it. We need to recognize that time is not ours to fill as we choose, but rather, it’s a trust from the Lord to be utilized in ways that fulfill His plan. Reviewing our schedule regularly will help ensure that we invest this precious resource His way.

Take a moment right now to review your calendar for the rest of this week, and ask yourself the following questions:

1. Does this schedule reveal a wise use of my time, according to God’s principles?

2. Where will I end up if I continue to invest my time in the same activities I’m currently involved in? Will it be where God wants me to be?

3. What will I be accomplishing for the kingdom of God if I continue to use my time in this way?

4. Does the way I spend my time help me move closer to achieving the Lord’s goal for me—namely, ongoing personal transformation into Christlikeness?

Respond to what the Holy Spirit reveals about your schedule, so that you may make wise use of your days. Remember that God wants you to succeed.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment