Saturday, April 6, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, April 6th

I believe my experiences have been pretty typical for anyone unfortunate in being diagnosed with dermatomyositis and lupus...

When diagnosed with DM...I was told by my dermatologist that I would no longer have a social life, I was shocked...I came to the realization that I would live my life as normally as possible on my terms, not the terms of DM or lupus...this mindset has been extremely liberating and has guided me as I take on each challenge or obstacle that DM and lupus has directly or indirectly thrown in my way...I will not restrict the paths I take...

I'm taking as much time as I can to enjoy as much as I can on my so-called bucket list...I have no regrets...I have been blessed...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment