Saturday, April 13, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, April 13th

In my life, I am perfectly content with who I am.... :-) I've seen a lot of changes to my life lately...
I  found that my breathing is affected by either the prednisone or the disease...
I used to be a very hard worker and could accomplish a great deal in a day, now, I get up and plan what I'm doing around the house...feel like I should be doing much more but realize my body can't do the things like I used too...

I use to be very active before I was impacted by these medical conditions. Although I am 51 years old, I feel I am way too young to set aside (even temporarily) the activities I used to enjoy...I know that I have felt grief over this loss as well as some anger...
I worry about my minimal exercise, increased weight and diabetes, which I understand is a frequent outcome of long term use of prednisone...

Is it superficial to be sad over the loss of what I can no longer do because of the meds or disease--not at all. Think about people who lose a limb, breast or an eye...they grieve over their loss...I also, grieve over my life changes...
But still appreciate the things I can do...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment