Friday, April 5, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Friday, April 5th

This morning Kaylee and I will head over to Faribault to visit grandmas...

I went to Faribault without Kaylee on Wednesday to take care of some business for Grandma Gloria and Grandma Faye...when I returned home at around 2:30pm...I was wiped out...I laid down for a nap...

Yesterday, I was reminded how important it is to take my medicine...it's so sad that I need to rely on it to survive...I wish I didn't have to... :-(

I recently read an article from the Lupus Foundation talking about feet swelling and turning blue...

As I reflect back to when all of this may have started...I remember one day at Kidz Club...when wearing sandals, one of the boys asked me why my feet were blue...so did the lupus symptoms began in my feet, when they swelled and turned blue...years ago???

David Baek, D.P.M., a podiatrist who specializes in wound care at Shady Grove Podiatry in Gaithersburg, MD, sees many people with DM, lupus or other autoimmune diseases. Their most ­common symptoms, he says, are swelling and pain from arthritis in the foot and ankle...

 Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment