Monday, April 15, 2013

Highs and Lows Living with the Disease

Monday, April 15th

Yesterday started out as a good day but as the day went on I became very sore and inflamed on my right side and my back...had trouble going to sleep...slept in until 8am this morning...

---------------------------------------

"Isaac's men then dug another well, but again there was a dispute over it. So Isaac named it Sitnah (which means 'hostility'). …

From there Isaac moved to Beersheba, where the LORD appeared to him on the night of his arrival. 'I am the God of your father, Abraham,' he said. 'Do not be afraid, for I am with you and will bless you. I will multiply your descendants, and they will become a great nation. I will do this because of my promise to Abraham, my servant.'…

One day King Abimelech came from Gerar with his adviser, Ahuzzath, and also Phicol, his army commander. 'Why have you come here?' Isaac asked. 'You obviously hate me, since you kicked me off your land.'

They replied, 'We can plainly see that the LORD is with you. So we want to enter into a sworn treaty with you. Let's make a covenant.'…

That very day Isaac's servants came and told him about a new well they had dug. 'We've found water!' they exclaimed….

But Esau's wives made life miserable for Isaac and Rebekah."

Genesis 26:21, 23–24, 26–28, 32, 35
Though God was with Isaac and blessed him, renewing the covenant he'd made with Abraham, Isaac's life was a mixed bag. He had opposition from his neighbors. He was wealthy and powerful and gained the esteem of kings. Yet his daughters-in-law made life miserable for Isaac and Rebekah. God promises to bless, but that does not make us at all immune to the results of living in a sinful world and suffering from the actions of other people. Expect difficulties, and know that God is still with you in the midst of them...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment