Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, March 5th

Being diagnosed with Lupus and then being told I have Dermamoyositis has really changed the way I live my life...I wasn't sure what it was I had or how I got it...

I was ready to live with Lupus...I have a couple of friends that have it so I knew alittle about it but I knew nothing about dermamoyositis...

I took grandma Gloria to the Dr in Faribault and while we were there...the nurse, Dr and I was started talking about DM...when the Dr heard what I had he asked me "why"...I wasn't sure what he meant...I didn't know why I got it...it is rare...

Later I learned that you could get it because of trauma or cancer...after a lot of tests...they didn't find any cancer but because of DM they continue to test my blood counts for cancer...I have a higher risk of getting it...
-------------------------------------
My continued search for information...

The Link Between Lupus And Myositis

Lupus causes chronic inflammation in the body. While lupus can create a feeling of overall fatigue, myositis occurs when the inflammation specifically targets the muscles. While this condition typically does not cause any pain, it leads to muscle weakness...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment