Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, March 12th

Reviewing the different medical definitions and articles I've read on DM...I noticed that one article says DM is not painful and in another article It said it was painful...I can truly say the swelling or pressure of the inflammation can be painful, the shingles, neuropathy and bursitis are painful but the changes taking place in my hands or feet aren't painful...you can feel something changing but it doesn't really hurt...

When I was first struggling with the onset of DM...my hands and feet would freeze or lock up...I wasn't able to move them until the muscle released it...

The pressure I have been experiencing lately, on my right foot, is close to that feeling I experienced before when they locked up but not to the extreme I had when I was first diagnosed...

My Dr is having me tapper the prednisone...I was at 20mg and now I am at 17.5mg...she told me...I may see three steps forward and one/two steps back...that is normal to experience with the tapering...so maybe the feeling taking place in my right leg/foot are part of the tappering process...a step back...

------------------------------------

General symptoms of chronic inflammatory myopathy include slow but progressive muscle weakness that starts in the proximal muscles, those muscles closest to the trunk of the body.  Inflammation damages the muscle fibers, causing weakness, and may affect the arteries and blood vessels that run through the muscles. Other symptoms include fatigue after walking or standing, tripping or falling, and difficulty swallowing or breathing. Some individuals may have slight muscle pain...

We never know where life leads...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment