Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, March 20th

Today, I spent a lot of time outside...my right side is pretty sore to the touch...the neuropathy kicked in big time, my face feels puffy and my head is very itchy and irritated...

Had trouble swallowing this evening...it wasn't my first time and it won't be my last I'm sure...
---------------------------------------

I was diagnosed with Lupus and Dermatomyositis in 2012, and my life has changed in so many dramatic ways since my diagnosis. It has taken me almost a year to see life from a very slow and deliberate perspective. There are only about 5 in a million people in the USA who are diagnosed with Dermatomyositis (DM). I continue to try to live within the realm of a difficult situation with a symptomatic lifetime disease...

To me, the beauty of embracing a situation which has no immediate solution is to deeply appreciate even the simplest things that surround us each day...

As I have been able to build my bodys strength to lift my legs again, raise my arms to brush my hair, walk up the stairs without difficulty and even to be able to eat and swallow my food without as much difficulty are all miracles; all of these miracles have deepened my gratitude for the amazing creation of our bodies...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment