Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, March 26th

It is encouraging for me to know that my experiences are common experiences...the discomfort, weight gain and swelling, fatigue etc. etc.

With each day comes another challenge - The worse thing is when some people don't recognise you due to the weight gain and they say "Oh I didn't recognise you" and you make some comment about having a Prednisone face and body to try and cover up the guilt of puting on so much weight...our society is so focused on being thin and being beautiful or attractive...so sad...

I have experienced a drastic alteration to my body over the last year since my diagnosis and being put on prednisone...I've gained around 20/25 lbs, mostly in my mid-section...I can not wear many of my pants/jeans because of the weight gain and I am wearing larger, loose-fitting tops to try to cover up...

I continue to remind myself that beauty is internal not external and that external stuff is temporary and passes away...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment