Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Highs -n-- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, September 24th

Another beautiful morning! Windows open enjoying the cool air.  So nice.   :-)

This morning I woke up with bloodshot and matter in both eyes.  Swelling all over and tingling down both my legs. :-(

The last couple of nights I sat out on the deck enjoying the night air under the stars :-). It has been so nice and peaceful.

Yesterday I took a drive over to Faribault to talk to the housing director at St. Lucas Care Center and the director at Milestone.

I've been praying a lot ... I want to make the right move for Grandma Gloria :-) I checked into places in Faribault, Owatonna and Kenyon St. Lucus in Faribault is the best fit. If I only knew what I know now when I placed Gloria just over a year ago . :-( I would have done things so differently.  She is progressing so quickly.

St Lucas has a memory care wing that has the residents doctor come over to check on them once a month...so grandma Glorias Dr will be playing a bigger roll in her care. She will be over to see Gloria at least once a month and the charge nurse has better communication with all the medical staff. :-) So Thankful! Grandma Gloria wouldn't go to the Dr.  I was able to get her in the car and over to the clinic but she wouldn't get out of the car when we arrived. The other clinic staff couldn't talk her out of the car either :-(   Glorias legs continue to swell and she has had open sores. There will be someone checking on her weekly to make sure the swelling stays down and she doesn't get any sores. :-)

Now that I know Grandma Gloria will be taken care of...I can take better care of myself :-).
Kaylee, the new grandbaby(due in December) and I can just go over to visit her and my mom :-).

My mom, Grandma Faye, will stay where she is, at Milestone.  She likes where she is...

Kaylee and I are going over to Faribault to eat with Grandma Gloria and visit Grandma Faye on Friday.

Today I pick up Kaylee from day care at 11:30.  Kaylee will get her nap in and then we will run over to the clinic.  This afternoon Paul goes to the doctor to get a steroid shot for his shoulder.  Hopefully it will help. :-)

I am so thankful for all I can do. :-)

---------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Jesus, Our Life Preserver

Read | John 3:16-18

Picture a muddy river, swollen with rain and rushing over rocks. You’ve fallen into that dirty water and cannot fight the current for long. Your head goes under once, then twice, and both times you come up sputtering after swallowing some of the filth. A third dunking might kill you. Suddenly, from the shore, someone throws a life preserver, which floats past your chest. Will you grab it?

The answer seems obvious—of course you would! But too often people drowning in the world’s fast-moving current refuse to grab onto the spiritual life preserver: Jesus Christ. He died on the cross for all of humanity, but individuals have a responsibility in salvation. A person must recognize his or her own helplessness and acknowledge the need for Christ. That means the new Christian accepts Jesus’ sacrifice as true and personal, believing that there is no other way to be rescued.

It isn’t necessary to understand everything about faith and the Bible in order to be saved—God will ensure that His children learn whatever they need from the Holy Spirit. However, it is critical to realize that we cannot save ourselves.

Can you point to a time in your life when you received Jesus Christ as your Savior? God is calling, longing for you to recognize your need for Him and to pray for rescue from sin. He is faithful to answer by saving you and making you blameless before Him.

God is offering you a life preserver and waiting to pull you to eternal safety. The choice is yours. Will you choose Christ and live?

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment