Monday, September 30, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Monday, September 30th

Another Beautiful Morning! Highs will be back in the 80's again today... :-) So nice...

After my medication kicked in yesterday we went to church and out for breakfast.  My eyes were puffy and draining still...I was swollen and sore but I went anyway... :-)
When we got back home I was flipping through the channels and stopped on Super Soul Sunday.  Oprah had Dr Phil on talking about his new book.
I don't remember the name of the book but they was talking about Who we are and how we got here...
In the book he suggested to
Write down10 defining moments/7 critical choices/5 pivotal people that made us who we are today...

1. Moments that you can recall that makes you who you are...positive or negative...

2. Choices that we've made in our lives...

3. Someone who has caused you to be who you are...

-------------
4 questions to ask yourself...Test your thinking...

1. What I'm telling myself/is it a true fact?
2. Does it serve your best interest?
3. Does it affect your health?
4. Does it get you what you want?

Remember to write down your answers so you can go back to look at it...
You will have to go the Oprahs or Dr Phil website to find out the name of this book...sorry :-)

I continued sorting and cleaning yesterday afternoon and Paul decided to mow the lawn...
Won't be long...winter is coming... :-( Yeck :-). I went online to get our airplane tickets to Arizona.  We are going January 24th :-)

Every year Paul and I go to visit my brother, Tim and his wife, Connie.  I would bring my mom...this would be the only time she would see Tim.  This year mom will not be going.  She's at the point were she likes being close to home.

I've gotten to the point now were I completely accept where I am and where I may be headed...taking it one day at a time.  I no longer care what I look like or what others think of me...in a positive way. :-)

I had been brought to my knees and now I am looking up again. :-) I am committed to my calling, whatever that may be...

So thankful for what I can do...

Did you know resistance is a force like gravity??? :-) Go kick butt...
Stop resisting...
-------------
Today's Bible Study

The Sovereignty of God: Reason for Our Assurance

Read | Romans 8:28

Since eternity past and throughout history, almighty God has ruled with supreme authority. Nothing is hidden from His knowledge or beyond the scope of His control. Because of His sovereignty, we who by faith in Christ are part of His family can live with assurance that:

• God works for our good. Scripture declares that God has the power to work every circumstance in our life into something that is beneficial in His eyes. He has the knowledge and power to accomplish it, as well as the desire. God promises to do this for those who love and belong to Him. Our part is to believe.

• God protects us every day. Scripture declares that “the angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him” (Ps. 34:7). Apart from His permissive will, nothing can touch God’s children. When our Father allows painful things to happen, we must trust in His unchanging nature and enduring promises. People and circumstances change, but the Lord’s good and loving character does not.

• God has control over our future. He’s fully worked out a plan for the body of Christ and each of its members—a plan so good that it is beyond imagining (1 Cor. 2:9). We can entrust our future to God because His character and plans are perfect.

Resting in the Lord’s sovereignty will free us from fear and anxiety. If you lack assurance about any of the points listed above, confess your unbelief to the heavenly Father. Ask His forgiveness, and commit to meditate on His character and promises. Then you will experience the strengthening of your faith.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment