Friday, September 20, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Friday, September 20th

Another beautiful morning! It's still dark out when I get up. :-). I love the fall weather but I'm not sure I'm ready for what comes after fall, the winter weather :-(

I woke up with pain and a very itchy scalp...wondering if my last hair appointment for my cut and color is taking a toll on me.  Or is it the tappering of the prednisone. ????  My head is itching a lot :-(  This morning I got up to wash it to see it that would help the itching.  I have medication for itching but I'll wait until Paul wakes up to get it.  They are in our bedroom and I don't want to wake him. :-). I also have a sore throat this morning.:-(

Yesterday, I picked Kaylee up from daycare at 11:30am and went over to visit grandmas in Faribault.  We also took a look at a couple of nursing homes/memory care.  I was thinking I should get grandma Gloria in a place where the Dr comes in to see her.  Milestone does not offer that :-(. She continues to have trouble with swelling in her legs and feet and at times open sores. Gloria fights and refuses to go to the Dr :-(  I've been praying for God to help me make the right move.  I saw a couple of good choices when out looking. :-)

I was thinking back to January/February 2011 after returning from Arizona my sister-in-law, Connie, suggested I get tested for valley fever...I wasn't feeling well back then already.  I went in to see the Dr and was tested.  The results were negative for valley fever.  I had a few other tests and still nothing found so I just decided to live with it.  Until our next years trip to Arizona, my brother, Tim and Connie told me to go in to see the dermatologist and see if they can help.  The symptoms were starting to increase.  I made my appointment in Arizona and the Dr took a punch biopsy.  They sent the sample in and the results from my biopsy came back Lupus or Dermatomyositis or both and I have both. :-(

I'm so thankful for all I can do :-)

-------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Protecting Against Satanic Attack

Read | Matthew 4:1-11

As soldiers in God’s army, we are engaged in spiritual warfare. To hold our ground, we must be arrayed in battle gear every day.

Be sure your feet are shod with the gospel of peace. Roman military boots had metal cleats to help soldiers stand firm in battle. Similarly, our spiritual “shoes” provide the solid footing of assurance—the certainty that we have peace with God and are safe in Him (John 10:28).

Carry the shield of faith. The most powerful asset we have as believers is our faith. It helps us to resist the Enemy’s temptations by thinking, I know I have this need, but I trust in God. So I’ll wait for the Lord to provide for it in His way and in His time. We are well protected behind the shield of faith.

Wear the helmet of salvation. The mind is Satan’s battlefield; it needs to be conscientiously and effectively guarded. In a spiritual battle, our assurance that we are saved will help repel the Enemy’s lies, which might cause us to question God or to think contrary to Scripture. With such certainty, our minds are able to remain steady.

Carry the sword of the Spirit. God’s Word is both an offensive and defensive weapon. It makes inroads for the gospel (Heb. 4:12) and also protects us. As Jesus proved in His desert temptation, the Devil cannot stand against it.

The spiritual battle raging around us is real and fierce (Eph. 6:12). We are not in the reserves, simply waiting to be called up. We are in the war. Soldier of God, are you fully dressed for battle?

Lord God thank you for giving me everything I need to go out and do your will.  Continue to bless me with your armor and Peace.  Amen

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment