Saturday, September 21, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Saturday, September 21st

Another beautiful morning!  Cooler :-)

I  wasn't feeling well yesterday so I decided to go into the Dr to see if I had strep throat.  The quick test said no...so they are doing the 2 day test...if I hear back from them on Monday, I have it, if I don't hear from them, I don't.  :-) Will wait and see.  I think I will lay low until then...

Today at 4pm we were planning on going to a wedding reception at the Wabasha Country Club.  We probably won't now.  I'm still not feeling the best.  Getting better comes first :-)

So thankful for all I can do... :-)

---------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The Purpose of Pain

Read | Matthew 16:24-27

“God, if You love me, then why must I endure pain?” This question preoccupies many believers in their darkest hours of need. While pain takes different forms and has different durations, suffering always comes with an objective greater than our comfort, pleasure, or personal goals. If we seek the Lord’s purpose for grief, we will find both His peace and His deep love for us.

Pain instructs. Christ’s sufficiency is more apparent during times of suffering than in the midst of blessing. Discovering God’s faithful provision strengthens our resolve to endure.

Pain purifies. Counterfeit faith cannot withstand hardship’s flames. Like gold in a refiner’s fire, suffering believers experience the burning away of impurities until only things of value remain. Trials bring into focus the truth about the world we live in, the nature of people we meet, and the incomparable worth of our Father.

Pain motivates. Pain drives us to God. How often do we hear testimony from people who discovered Him during their worst trial? In His wisdom, the Lord knows whether we require motivation from blessing or from distress.

Pain opens us to intimacy with God. At the end of our own resources is the Lord’s boundless strength. Running into His arms guarantees us the comfort and energy that is available only through an intimate relationship with the Father.

Living an easy life doesn’t earn rewards. Though our instinct is to sidestep pain, suffering helps us to find intimacy with God and the great purpose He sets for our life.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment