Thursday, September 26, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Thursday, September 26th

Another beautiful morning...windows are open :-) really nice

Yesterday we received a call from the clinic to reschedule Paul's appointment.  His Dr was needed at the hospital.  Pauls appointment is now Tuesday, October 1st.

Last night Paul, Kaylee and I went for a ride down in the valley in the Ranger.  We had a good time.  :-)

I was using the exercise bike and glider...I noticed how both hands, arms and legs are week :-(  I will keep using them as long as I can   :-). Walking from the barn or shed to the house can tire me expecally when going up hill :-(

My left ear is dark red all the time due to the exposure to the sun through the car window. :-( I have a red chin and cheeks. My hands are beginning to itch again and around my cuticle it is cracking.     :-( These were some of the first symptoms when I was first diagnosed... :-(

Today, I am going out for breakfast with Marion. :-). I also have an appointment in Winona to take my car in to get the window fixed...the part is in. :-)

Kaylee is coming out tonight to stay overnight.  Tomorrow Kaylee and I are going over to Faribault to visit grandmas. We are eating lunch with Grandma Gloria and will take Grandma Faye out for ice cream.

I received an invitation to go to an event up in the Cities for MDA.  This event is filled with lots of information...I was told. :-)
 
2013 MDA Neuromuscular Family Symposium is on Friday-October 11th from 9am-4 pm at Jimmy’s Event Center in Vadnais Heights (1132 Country Road E, Vadnais Heights, MN)! Simply RSVP by responding to this e-mail with the number of guests that are planning on joining! Lunch is provided.

I think Paul, Kaylee and I will attend :-) Kaylees daycare is closed on the 11th of October. 
I think it is good for her to be exposed to all ages and even disabled...she is a very special young girl inside and out.

So thankful for what I can do...
------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The Importance of a Sincere Testimony

Read | Psalm 78:1-7

What is a testimony? Some believers think that it’s just a brief account of the way God has worked in their life. While that may be true, our testimony is much more than simply a short story.

One important aspect of our testimony is our character, which should include a spirit of obedience. Do we follow God’s instruction on occasion but ignore Him the rest of the time? An obedient spirit follows His guidance, no matter what. At times our actions may outwardly display obedience, but nobody except God knows what lies within our heart. He sees our true character, and it should line up with the story we tell others to glorify Him.

Our conduct—in other words, what we do—is another facet of our testimony. If what we say conflicts with our behavior, then we cloud our witness, and unbelievers may consider us hypocritical or doubt the genuineness of our faith. The way we act should confirm who we are in Christ.

Finally, a third part of our testimony is our conversation. As Psalm 107:2 says, “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.” This gives us an opportunity to tell others what God is doing in our lives. Our words can be significant to an unbeliever who doubts the existence of God or the divinity of Christ.

When our character, conduct, and conversation fail to match who we are in Christ, we hamper our ability to reach others with the gospel. A testimony can make the difference between doubt and faith in the life of an unbeliever. How authentic is your personal testimony?

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment