Monday, September 16, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Monday, September 16th

Another beautiful day! Slept like a log...:-) It's nice to be home...

Every year my mom, sister, brothers and their families rent a cabin/house in northern Minnesota for fishing and family time...We had a good time. :-)
My sister, Brenda and her family live in the Owatonna area.  My brother, Bob and his family lives in the Webster City, IA area. My brother, Ron lives in the Cities.  My brother, Tim and his family lives in the Tucson, AZ area. My mom lives in Faribault.

I realized after I got up north that I brought the wrong pill container with. The container I brought up didn't have my pain medication for the full trip in it. So I was without for a couple of days  :-( 

---------------------------

I am so thankful that we had rain while we were gone up north...we got 1.8 inches of rain...:-) That makes me happy happy happy!  We could use more...

I've been praying for all in the Colorado flood areas.  We were just there a little over a week ago.
Paul, Kris and I stayed in the Loveland, CO area...our cabin was right on the river.  We could walk off our deck into the river.  Tim, Connie, Brenda and her girls stayed in Estes Park, CO.  We walked down the streets that are now flooded.  How devastating for all the stores and families...just so sad...

---------------------------
Today Paul has his Dr appointment to discuss his shoulder problem...he has trouble lifting it...hopefully he can schedule surgery to get it repaired. 

So Thankful for all I can do...

-------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Peace With One Another

Read | Romans 14:19

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus speaks of peacemakers (Matt. 5:9)—the passage almost sounds as if they are a special breed with unique abilities. Some people do have a way about them that brings peace wherever they go. All of us, however, can become peacemakers because, according to 1 Corinthians 7:15, “God has called us to peace.”

Unfortunately, though, success in this area oftentimes eludes us, and the reason is that we quit too soon. With certain people, it is necessary that we go the extra mile and not only seek peace but also pursue it (Ps. 34:14). Such a pursuit can be very costly at times, but apparently God expects some pretty heroic attempts in this area, because He tells us to “pursue peace with all men” (Heb. 12:14).

In addition to this, Romans 12:18 instructs us, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.” Sometimes we try too hard to analyze the words “so far as it depends on you.” We can get bogged down trying to figure out whether we should take the initiative to be reconciled to someone or wait for the other person to approach us.

Jesus made it clear that unity within the church is a top priority. It doesn’t really matter whether we have offended others or they have offended us—in either case, we should take the initiative to be reconciled with our brothers. Even if a brother will not listen, we can still “pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another” (Rom. 14:19).

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment