Saturday, January 4, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another beautiful morning!  

Let's be real…….there are so many struggles that those with DM and lupus struggle with that it would take a long time to write about all of them. There are some days that I can handle the pain, sometimes it is too much, even with the pain medications.  Most days I can handle the psychological struggle that comes with having DM and lupus, but there are some days that I struggle, really struggle. Lately, the thing that I have struggled with the most is my weight gain and how I look; the puffy eyes, sores on my face, dryness of my hair and skin.

Since beginning the medication last year, I have gained 35-40 lbs. When I first began the medication, I noticed a small change in my weight and then 16 months later and 40 lbs later here I am still trying to accept it.  I have seen many articles about several of the medication I'm on having weight gain as a side effect. What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I am the type of person who is weight conscious. I have tried for years to get my body in the shape that it needs to be in for a person of my height. I go to the doctor on Monday, January 13th...at that time I will see where my weight is after the holidays. I'm scared to find out.

With everything set aside, the medicine seems to be working for the most part. So, do I deal with the weight gain, or do I try something different that doesn't have weight gain as a side effect? I don't feel good about myself with the weight gain, but I don't feel good without the medication. It is a catch 22. I know in the back of my mind I need to stick with what works for the DM and Lupus.  So I with stick with the medication and find something else to help with my weight gain, physical, mental and spiritual health. This month I decided to start Yoga Therapy and Lifestyle Habits and Wellness Coaching.  I am starting my new year in the right mindset...

Looking forward to the chances...

I was reading thrse scriptures and thought they sounded fitting...

Something New for You!

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?”
(Isaiah 43:19, NLT)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

It’s a new year, and God has something new in store for you! His plan for your life is not for you to reach one level and get stuck and stay there for 30 or 40 years. His plan is to increase you, open new doors before you, and take you places that you’ve never imagined. He has something big in your future, and He has something big in store for this year! He’s already planned out big breaks, big opportunities, and big ideas for you. You may have seen God’s goodness in the past, but you have not touched the surface of what God has for you in 2014! He is doing a new thing!

I believe this new thing is going to be far greater than you’ve ever seen before. It’s going to be bigger than you imagined. It’s going to be more rewarding than you thought possible. Receive it by faith and declare, “Yes, God, this is for me today. I’m not going to get stuck where I am. I know You’re a big God, and You have something new coming my way!”

Father, thank You for a new day and a new year to glorify You. Thank You for choosing me and using me for Your purposes. I set my love on You today knowing that You have something new in store for me this year in Jesus’ name. Amen.

So thankful for all I can do...

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

A Healthy Body
Read | 1 Corinthians 6:12, 19-20

We all know there is an undeniable relationship between our health and our ability to reach our full potential. We may labor to have a clean heart, a clear mind, and a balanced schedule, but without a healthy body, we simply cannot do our best. And good health will be enhanced when we begin to think about our bodies the way God does. In the sixth chapter of 1 Corinthians, the apostle Paul teaches that our bodies belong to the living God (vv. 19-20). As a result, we all have to make a decision: Am I going to take care of my body, or will I ignore or abuse it?

None of us would walk into church and deliberately make a big mess, smearing red or black paint all over the place. We wouldn’t do that, because we respect the church building as a place where God’s people worship. With that in mind, consider this: The human body, because it is indwelt by the Holy Spirit, is far more important than any house of worship that ever existed.

Nevertheless, people often assume that neglecting or mistreating the body is their own prerogative. Whether the issue is substance abuse, abortion, or unhealthy habits, many people will say, “This is my body. I can do with it whatever I want.” But as we read in Scripture, your body is not your possession. Although you can do as you please, you will pay the price for poor decisions. Sin has its consequences, and sin against the body can inflict a penalty that lasts even beyond the present generation. Ask God to help you regard the body as He does so that you will care for it appropriately.

 Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment