Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day! Yesterday, we had another day of snow and blowing snow. :-( This morning our temps are close to zero.  Brrrrr

I took a nap yesterday morning...I guess I needed it.  I slept for a couple of hours.  When laying in bed and sitting on the couch I had the tingling going up and down both sides of my body...
Overnight I woke up needing to scratch my scalp a lot...I'm having other symptoms...I'm feeling itchy all over but mine feels like it's on the inside.

Some of my medicine was changed at my last appointment. 
Dr Danning thought I should discontinue the ibuprofen.... So I'm going to try to manage without it. I am also starting over on one medicine...I'm back to taking one pill and then after a month go up to two pills.  If the trio of pills don't work then we are going to the IV Rituxin.  I would get 4 a year.  The infusions are 10,000.00 each. I'm hoping the trio of pills work because we are running out of options.  I'm still on 20mg of prednisone along with everything else.

I was watching Dr Phil yesterday...he was talking to women addicted to pain meds and I'm not going to be one of those.  I take several kinds of pain medicine but all are at low doses.  I will see how much I can stand without the ibuprofen and then have Dr Danning reduce the next pain medication.  I was in a lot of pain yesterday and that was only one day without it. :-(

I start the health coach and physical therapy on Monday.  I need to see how this goes also before making too many changes to the pain medicine.

So thankful for all I can do...

---------------------
“If only you carefully listen to the voice of the Lord your God...”
(Deuteronomy 15:5, AMP)

All through the day, there are two voices that compete for our attention — the voice of faith and the voice of defeat. You’ll hear a voice saying, “You’ll never rise any higher. You don’t have what it takes. You’ve reached your limit.” But if you listen carefully, you’ll hear another voice saying, “You are well able. You can do all things through Christ. Your best days are still up ahead.” You are the one who gets to choose which voice has power in your life.

The moment you verbalize a thought, you give it the right to come to pass. When you speak faith, you’re in agreement with God. When you speak defeat, you’re in agreement with the enemy. God-talk brings God on the scene. Enemy-talk brings the enemy on the scene.

Why don’t you get in agreement with God today? The negative voice may be louder, but you can override it. You can take away all of its power by simply choosing the voice of faith. Choose to declare favor, blessing and increase over your life so that you can walk in the victory the Lord has in store for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today and every day, I choose the voice of faith and victory. I declare that I am rising up higher in You, that I can do all things because You give me strength. I bless You and honor You in everything I say and do in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

-----------------------
Today's Bible Study

An Exercise in Casting Cares
Read | Psalm 55:16-22

God’s shoulders are wide enough to carry your burdens. He is sovereign over the universe, so He is certainly capable of working out problems and meeting needs. Today I want to give you an exercise that will help make casting your cares a practical act.

First, write on a piece of paper the things that cause your anxiety. Once you start writing, you may discover a list of items that cheat you out of peace.

Next, pray each issue into God’s care. Recall Psalm 18:35, which promises that He upholds believers in His loving grasp.

Finally, as you pray, visualize placing the situation into God’s omnipotent hands. For example, a woman may imagine handing over to the Lord what she owes, while saying, “Father, I give You my financial anxiety. I know that You will show me how to get out of debt. You are more than sufficient to handle it, and I trust You to guide me.”

Some people may protest this suggestion because humanistic and pseudo-spiritual movements also use a method they refer to as “visualizing.” Don’t let anyone steal what is rightfully yours. God creates word pictures throughout the Bible. This exercise merely creates a mental snapshot of the Lord doing exactly what He says He will do (Ps. 55:22; Matt. 6:25-26).

When you have transferred all of your worries to God’s hands, wad up that paper in your fist, and then destroy it. In this way, you symbolize the transaction that just took place. Your cares are no longer yours. Every one of them belongs to the Lord. Walk away in perfect peace.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment