Thursday, January 16, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!  

Yesterday, I decided to pick up Kaylee and run over to visit grandmas in Faribault. Both grandmas were having a great day...:-) We ate lunch with grandma Faye and then over to see grandma Gloria for an ice cream treat.  Last time I was there grandma Gloria didn't remember Kaylee, Erik or Christine.  She knew Kaylee this time:-) So far she seems to remember me...            

                                                        .        Before we left for home Kaylee and I brought grandma Gloria down to listen to some old time music also.  This is good :-)

Everyday I try to keep the focus off myself and the illnesses and onto something else. Even if I'm in pain or have other symptoms I want to stay focused on life not my conditions. DM and Lupus will not define who I am or what I can do.  I continue to try to live life to the fullest.  So many things left to do and places to see.
I won't give up on life and all it has to offer.

When I was at my last Dr appointment she went over foods that could cause inflammation.  With the inflammation comes pain so I am going to be very careful to stay away from those.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

--------------------
“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...”
(2 Timothy 1:6, NKJV)

Do you need some freshness in your life today? It’s probably time to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you. It’s time to stir up those gifts, stir up those dreams, stir up those talents inside. Start stretching yourself. This doesn’t just mean making New Year’s resolutions; this means tapping into the destiny God has placed in your heart.

Scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream, you’re not really living the way God intends; you’re merely existing. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig your heels in and hold on to the promises in your heart. As you stir up those God-given dreams and desires, He’ll pour out His favor and blessings and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments, my brokenness. I choose forgiveness and peace. Fill me with Your hope and expectation as You fulfill the dreams and desires that You have placed within me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

-----------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Hope for a Changing World
Read | Romans 5:1-5

The rapid changes in our world can give us a sense of uncertainty and unease. We can be thrown off balance by the suffering we see around us, the evolving technology that outpaces our ability to absorb it, and the daily rise and fall of financial markets. Sometimes what seems worthwhile today has less value tomorrow.

As problems mount, we can become discouraged and lose heart. But basing all our hope on man’s ability to solve problems or modify a situation is not the answer. We can achieve only temporary peace when we alter our own circumstances or adjust our outward behavior.

The root problem in our culture is spiritual—namely, man has a sin nature that is at enmity with God. Sin prompts us to look out for ourselves and pursue what we want. Neither our intellect nor talent could have changed our sinful state or brought us peace with God. However, those who trust Jesus as Savior receive a new nature and are reconciled to the Lord. As His adopted children, not only are we at peace with Him but we’ve also been given the power to live in harmony with one another. No matter how much life changes, we can have hope, for we are anchored to a firm foundation that will never be shaken (Isa. 28:16).

The believer’s hope rests in the Triune God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Our heavenly Father knows each of us by name (Isa. 43:1). Our Savior keeps every divine promise (2 Cor. 1:20). And the Holy Spirit assures us that we are secure in Christ, both in this life and in the life to come.

 Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment