Friday, January 17, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!  I'm a little tired this morning.  I woke up at 4am took my meds and went back to bed.  I couldn't get back to sleep so I'm up for my day.  Put on a pot of coffee, reading my bible study and writing my blog.  There are days I sit back and wonder if I should continue the blog but I think right now it's helping me release my thoughts.  Sometimes it won't make any sense to anyone else but at least I'm keeping my sanity and expressing my heart and soul.  Being cooped up and in the dark most of the time can be difficult at times.

I've been reading a lot more, on Facebook reading others posts and enjoying my time with Paul, the kids and grandkids as much as I can.  Life is short and it takes a lot of different turns that we may not be ready for but ready or not you keep moving on.

Today's bible study is about answerd prayers and I have seen so many in my lifetime.  I will continue praying for healing and other things on my mind.  I know God is there listening. 
The other day I requested prayers from a couple of great friends. I wasn't sure what was going on, the black bm.  It could be upper GI issues, bleeding, but we still haven't figured it out yet.  I need to make an appointment with my primary so she can schedule a swallow test and scope.

Anyway one of my great friends sent me this reply...

I'm praying too for the Lord to reveal to you....to us....what needs to happen or change in order to receive healing. Teach us Lord...Amen!

Isn't it the truth. sometimes we have other things to deal with or that gets in the way before God can do His thing.  I'm trusting Him to help me through these confusing times...thank you Lord for being there for me...Amen!

So thankful for my family and friends...

---------------------
Today's Bible Study

Answered Prayer
Read | Matthew 7:7-11

In His Word, our Father commands us to pray continually (1 Thess. 5:17). And He promises that when we ask, we will receive (Luke 11:9). Yet how often has silence seemed to be the answer to our prayer requests?

The Lord wouldn’t tell us to pray if He were not going to respond. In fact, He points out that any father who loves his children gives them what they need and what is good (vv. 11-13). And He, as our heavenly Father, will provide so much more. But if we want God to respond, we must meet three important conditions.

First, we must have a right relationship with Jesus Christ by trusting Him as Savior. But some people choose to live in ungodliness even after salvation. Scripture states, “If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me” (Ps. 66:18 kjv). This doesn’t mean we can never make a mistake—God understands our frailty. But we must repent of all known sin and avoid continuing in it.

Second, we must make right requests. Scripture reminds us to ask according to God’s will (1 John 5:14). That means we can share our hopes and desires while submitting to whatever He deems best. Over time, certain yearnings may lose appeal or give us a check in our spirit.

Third, we should pray specifically and with confidence. When making requests aligned with God’s will, we can be sure He’ll answer.

Our heavenly Father tells His children to pray and assures that He will respond. As you present your requests, ask Him to show you if anything is getting in the way of His answer.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment