Friday, June 7, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Friday, June 7th

Today is supposed to be sunny and 70 degrees.  Everyone has been waiting for this. :-)
Sounds like we will be getting warmer weather and sunshine most of next week.  I do love the sunshine but it doesn't love me.

I woke up with swelling this morning and itching.  I plan on taking it easy. 

I've seen what Dementia and Alzheimer's disease does to people I love. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and my first husbands mother was diagnosed with Dementia.

Up until a year ago when I was diagnosed with DM and Lupus I had been caring for both of them. I moved both over to Faribault to the same facility, Milestone Memory Care.

Today, I am running over for Glorias wound care appointment.  I decided to call a handicap van to have them pick her up from Milestone and after the appointment drop her back off at Milestone. I will meet her at the clinic for her appointment and meet her at Milestone to eat lunch with her after the appointment. I'm trying to cut back on my stress...Gloria can be difficult at times. Please pray for everything goes smoothly...

Poor choices can lead to unhealthy habits or patterns that impede our spiritual growth.  I gave away my personal power to care for love ones.  As I learn from my missteps and apply my lessons in positive ways. My new found freedom supports appropriate and constructive choices.

Christine was at the Dr yesterday for her gynecology appointment. The Dr did an ultrasound to check on the baby.Everything is looking good. Our fourth grandchild is due in December So excited! Our children and grandchildren are the highlight of our lives. :-)

----------------------------------

Serving God in Ways That Honor Him

Read | 2 Timothy 2:4, 16-25

In Paul’s second letter to Timothy, he shared helpful instructions, which apply to all Christians. That epistle is a rich compendium of life lessons he’d learned in full-time service to the Lord.

The apostle knew that while certain people were serving God out of love, others were “preaching Christ even from envy and strife” and out of “selfish ambition, rather than from pure motives” (Phil. 1:15, 17). As for himself, Paul said that from the beginning of his Christian walk, he had been serving God with a clear conscience (2 Tim. 1:3).

Then, to introduce some guidelines for godly service, he gave Timothy this word picture: “No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier” (2:4).

There are undoubtedly hundreds of ways to become “entangled,” but Paul gave one specific example—in verse 14, he cautioned against quarreling about words, since that can lead to ruin. He also warned Timothy to avoid “worldly and empty chatter” (v. 16), and urged him to “refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels” (v. 23). Paul summarized the idea in the next verse by saying that “the Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome,” but instead ought to be “kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged.”

How quickly our service to God can degenerate into an angry debate. We at times think the only way to deal with error is by strong argument, but there are often opportunities to correct opponents with gentleness (v. 25).

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment