Friday, June 14, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Thursday, June 13th

Today was sunny and temps hit around 78 degrees.  It was a warm one :-) So nice and it was what everyone has been waiting for.  Summer has arrived...

I've been thankful for less swelling and pain the last few days. I've been able to get more cleaning and sorting done around the house. I was moving a few shelves yesterday and woke up this morning with several large bruises on my right arm...I should ask for help but I'm one that likes to do things myself.

I went up to the U of M for a muscle biopsy today. When they brought me back to the room I found out they were taking 3 samples...I wasn't ready for that.  The Dr told me I wouldn't feel anything until she got to the muscle...she couldn't put any pain killer in the muscle, it would destroy the sample. The first two weren't too bad but when she got to the third one it was painful...she said she had to go alittle deeper and bigger. No shower for 48 hours and no bath, swimming, and hot tub for 2 weeks.  Shucks :-)

Now I just wait for my Dr appointment to get the results. 

---------------------------------

Why We Can Trust God

Read | Hebrews 10:19-23

In our troubled world, injustice, crime, and dishonesty fill the news. The one constant seems to be change.

By contrast, we have a God whose actions are perfect, whose character is flawless, and who is faithful to keep every promise He’s made. He is “the same yesterday and today and forever” (Heb. 13:8). We can have complete confidence in Him because He is . . .

• Omniscient. Our Father knows what is happening with every person at every moment (Luke 12:2-3). His knowledge is complete—no circumstance is hidden from Him; there is no motive or thought process that He does not discern.

• Omnipotent. God has total power over all things; nothing is outside His control. He uses His might to bring about His perfect will. No authority in heaven or on earth can thwart His purposes (Job 42:2; Matt. 19:26).

• Omnipresent. No person or place is outside of God’s presence (Ps. 139:7-12). All space and time is within His sight, and He never overlooks anything or anyone.

• Truthful. God cannot lie—He always speaks truth. We can fully trust His Word and His responses to our prayers.

• Loving. We can also have confidence in the Lord’s intentions, because His character is pure love (Rom. 8:28; 1 John 4:8).

God’s nature is not affected by time, place, people, or circumstances. He never makes a mistake in what He says or does, because His knowledge is perfect, His sovereignty is complete, and all is within His sight. Every promise is guaranteed in Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 1:20). For all our days, He’s the One we can count on. Hallelujah!

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment