Monday, June 10, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Monday, June 10th

Well another morning of very painful shooting pains on my right side.  Very painful again.  I took my medication...let's see it they work today.

I've been itching and swelling a lot lately also. I've been taking my medicine but have been spending more time outside potting flowers and cleaning up the yard.  I love to see the flowers blooming.

I have it in my head that if it's cloudy out it's easier on me but I'm not so sure anymore.  I've been hurting the last few days, really hurting.  My dermatologist told me not to go out until it's dark.  I really need to listen to him :-(

----------------------------------

Unshakeable Faith

Read | Isaiah 40:9-14

Unshakeable faith develops as we embrace the foundational truths of the Bible. The sovereignty of God is one of those truths. To have faith that bears up under the hardest trials, we need to know that the Lord is always in control.

What do you accept as true about your heavenly Father? God’s sovereignty can be hard to believe when a loved one gets a catastrophic diagnosis or the place where you work is closing down. And when you hear news reports of scandal and destruction, you may find it even harder to reconcile that biblical truth with the evidence around you.

God invites us to discover the reality of His sovereignty through the pages of His Word. He bids us come to Him in faith. He beckons us to draw near to know the Truth—Jesus Christ (John 14:6). He is waiting for us to turn to Him with our fears and doubts so that He may reveal the depths of His love and wisdom.

God has filled His Word with assurance of His sovereignty, care, and concern for us. Do you honestly long to know Him as He really is? If so, be encouraged by the promise He spoke through Jeremiah the prophet: “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart” (Jer. 29:13). Set aside any preconceived notions about how God should act, and the Holy Spirit will reveal that He is exactly who He says He is. Then, as we come to know Him more fully, our faith will grow in depth and steadiness.

Jesus invites us to come near and learn from Him (Matt. 11:28). Won’t you accept the Savior’s invitation and discover the truths that lead to unshakeable faith?

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment