Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, June 5th

Yesterday, I made it to my eye Dr appointment and to pick up my medicine.

At the eye appointment my Dr told me the discharge and puffiness under my eyes are from the prednisone.  There isn't anything I can do to change this unless I get taken off it completely.  He told me I had slight changes to my sight but only slight.  So he said I could use cheaters if I want to help with the change.  I know have cheaters to use if needed. :-)

Yesterday, Paul and I also took a trip over to the Amish to pick up some flowers and tomatoes.  It's been a really strange year weather wise.  We've had rain everyday. No one is getting their gardening done. 

Today, I pick up Kaylee at 11:30 and she will stay over night with us.  We will take our weekly trip over to visit grandma's in Faribault.  I thought Kaylee could also help me plant flowers.  She loves being outside.  It is supposed to rain again today but it makes it easier for me to be outside.  The UV isn't as intense.

--------------------------------

The Price of Prayerlessness

Read | Matthew 11:28-30

Prayer was a priority in the Savior’s life—Jesus continually communed with His Father. Likewise, praying is essential for anyone today who wants to be used mightily by God. In other words, if you desire to walk in the Spirit and live a holy life, time spent with the Lord must be a regular part of your routine.

If we allow our time alone with the Lord to stop being a priority, we open ourselves up to discouragement, doubt, disillusionment, and eventually disaster. Then, if we pull away and cease to fellowship with our Father, we will begin to feel the spiritual, emotional, and physical weight of our earthly circumstances.

Prayer lifts up our burdens so that we do not have to bear their weight. Whether they are given to us by the Lord in order to teach us or are self-imposed as a result of the decisions we make, God tells us to cast our burdens upon Him (1 Peter 5:7). Bearing a load we were not intended to carry takes a spiritual toll on us. What’s more, it can leave us physically and emotionally beaten as well.

Weary believers are prime targets for the Enemy’s attacks. First, he strikes us with discouragement. Then, when we lose hope, we’re primed for his next weapon: doubt. The Devil knows that a doubting Christian can easily be pushed into disillusionment. So he whispers things like, “Where is God?” and “The Christian life doesn’t work!” Listening to him can breed disaster.

Remember, prayer isn’t just a comfort in times of need; it is essential for our survival. Like Jesus, we should depend upon prayer for guidance.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment