Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, June 4th

No appointment yet for Gloria...still waiting to hear back from the wound specialty clinic.

This morning is my eye appointment.  They continue to check my eyes for changes because of the medication I'm taking. I need to remember to mention the discharge from my eyes to see what he thinks.

I didn't run down to Winona to pick up my pain meds yesterday. I thought I would wait until today since I'm running down for my appointment anyway.  It will save us some gas.

---------------------------------

I've been looking back at my life...thinking about how I got to this point...just reflecting...

I never knew how strong my faith was until it was put to the test.   I've had so many hard tests that strengthened me in so many ways.

Besides my medical and early childhood training.  I had a family background of reverence for the invisible workings of God's power and love.

One thing that stuck with me was when my uncle was in and out of the hospital with systic fibrosis. He was told it wouldn't be long at around 19 years old.  He called each of us into his room, by his bedside, to say goodbye.  He told me something that has stuck with me to this day.  "He told me not to cry for him, cry for someone that doesn't know God". He knew he was going to heaven and that we would see each other again one day. This was the start of my journey to seek God.  I knew I needed to put my eyes on things above and allow God to direct my path.  I was around 10 years old at that time and my faith, from that point on, has been the focus in my life.

I've also learned from life that No matter how hard things are you find the positive in it.  And I Do...

Another great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! I'm glad I found your blog!! Thank you for linking me up too btw, I really have let my blogging go this past year. Then when I get on to write, I stop myself as it feels like right now it's just negativity.
    Thank you for sharing your story and your faith. It does inspire me. I look forward to reading more about your journey.
    wishing you a great day
    Michelle xo
    (from Life in the Autoimmune Lane)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle,

    It's so easy to fall into negativity when you're dealing with an autoimmune disease. Expecally when you are not feeling well or wondering about the uncertainty of the disease.

    I want you to know that your blog helped me when I was diagnosed with DM and Lupus. It's good to hear from others going through what you are going through...that you're not alone. Thank you!

    My blog is my journal, my journey in life, living with the diseases. Being able to connect with others helps me
    on my journey. I would love to continue to read your blog also.

    God's Peace
    Julie

    ReplyDelete