Saturday, May 25, 2013

Highs -n-Lows Living with the Diseases

Saturday, May 23td

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

My plans are to continue my spring cleaning...I still have a lot to do...will keep plugging away until I'm done. :-) I picked up a couple of mattresses for the new captains bed I bought for the grandkids bedroom.  The bed has a trundle bed and drawers underneath.  It's a perfect fit.

This morning I slept in until 7:30...must have been tired.  When stepping down from the bed it felt like pins or needles poking the bottom of my feet.  I got up, took my meds and I'm waiting for the pills to kick in so I can continue with my cleaning.
                                                                        ---------------------------------------

A Good Kind of Anger
"'In your anger do not sin': Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.". Ephesians 4:26

Anger at least keeps the problem on the front burner, propelling us into action. And that may not be all bad. When Ephesians 4:26 states, "In your anger do not sin," it's clear not all anger is wrong. Strong emotions open the door to ask the hard questions: Does life make sense? Is God good?

Sometimes the anger we express toward God can be an upside-down way of trusting Him. It's the dark side of trust but trust nonetheless. If your soul is in turmoil, all God is looking for is a thin thread of trust. Then God is able to work in your life. But only if you take your anger to -- not away from -- Him.

Lord God, help me to remember that You are big enough to handle my honest feelings. If I'm angry or hurt, help me to express it to You without showing disrespect.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment