Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, May 20th

Today Kaylee and I are taking our weekly trip to Faribault to see grandmas. 

I haven't heard the results of my CT scan yet.  They continue to look for cancer.  They say DM is brought on by cancer or within a few years I may get cancer...so they will watch me closely for cancer.

Woke up with swelling and pain on my right side.  Yes, again. :-)

Yesterday afternoon my swelling increased and I was in extreme pain...Extremely Sore.  I have an appointment with my Rheumatologist on Thursday. 
Hopefully she can help...she may have to increase my Prednisone again to get things under control.

I started the spring cleaning yesterday but it went real slow because of the continued swelling and pain. I will continue cleaning room by room...until I get it done. Slow and Steady lol

I would like to go back to being me, as I was before!!!!  If I didn't feel this way every now and then I guess I wouldn't be human.  Yup, I am Human and I feel this way expecally when I hurt or don't feel well. :-(

If I don't take the meds to reduce the inflammation in my body or in my liver then cirrhosis can develop and that only results in a liver transplant or a life of really poor painful health.

Prednisone, when taken for more than a week or two, completely takes over for your adrenal system. Basically your adrenal system goes on vacation and forgets it has a job. Even if your body one day no longer needs to be on Prednisone... you cannot just quit because your own adrenal system is out of town and will not jump back into action the next day and hence you can go into adrenal shock which can cause death. I think our adrenals like being on vacation and will fight to have to go back to work and this is why the weaning process for my medication...the dr tell you that it can take a few years because they want to wean you so slowly that you do not suffer the "withdrawl" effects. These include severe exhaustion and muscle weakness and pain. 

Today is a new day and I will have peace that passes all understanding...the peace that God gives. Amen

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment