Sunday, February 3, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Sunday, February 3rd

I found out itching was a common symptom of DM...when visiting several web sites and health forums to see if I am in the minority or majority....after reading others experiences, it seems that itching either precedes a flare or appears during a flare. The concensus seems to be that it appears when the disease is active...

When I was first diagnosed with DM back in March/April 2012 I would scratch all over my body until it would bleed...I got in the shower for relief but that was only temporary...the greatest relief came when the Dr gave me steroid cream and put me on Prednisone. I don’t know how it is for Lupus but for DM, when the disease is controlled so is the rash/itching...

Prednisone is great for a short term use but the long term is definitely hard on you...I am told. I'm on 20 mg right now and I have the continued itching off and on, mostly on...when I was on a higher dose I didn't have the continued itching...

I go back to my Dr when I get back from AZ to see if the combination of medicine is working...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment