Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Wednesday, February 13th

In March 2012...as I mentioned in another blog...I had a punch biopsy taken to determine what I have...the results came back as overlapping diseases...Dermamyositis & Lupus...

Once the initial shock wore off, I decided I needed to learn as much as I could and fight back...today I called our local MDA office in Edina, MN to get started....this is my very first step in fighting back...the Muscular Dystrophy Association, which offers me the best DM doctors and health care professionals in the country...It also provides me with up-to-date MDA information, support groups, help in finding special equipment and understanding my disease, Dermamyositis at every turn...

As I adjust to my new lifestyle and ponder what my future will bring, I know that I will be getting the best possible care...my journey starts tomorrow with the local MDA clinic...I will have a Health Care Coordinator named Jenna working for me...I am so thankful for everyone that has helped me throughout this journey...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment