Sunday, February 10, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Sunday, February 10th

This first year with DM has been full of ups and downs...this morning I have tingling in my hips and legs and extreme pain on my right side...the neuropathy and bursitis doesn't completely go away...

My head continues to itch...I have sores on my scalp...

On a lighter note...
I would like to share with you some things that I have learned:

- trust that God has everything in his hands...
- hope is everything...
- energy is a precious gift - spend it wisely...
- "disease" brings us to our knees to give us a different view on life and what is really important - understanding the psychospiritual aspects of your disease is very important in recovery...
- listen to your body it will lead you to a diagnosis and recovery...
- nurture your soul during your recovery be creative during your rest periods...
- read, write, doodle or meditate..
- love yourself like you were your own best friend...
- read about your illness and medications - knowledge is power...
- doctor shop - don't stop searching until you find the one that feels right...
- use your doctor as a resource/and not as a cure - challenge them and ask many questions..
- a person with a chronic illness needs support - seek counseling from a professional therapist and/or join a support group...

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment