Monday, May 5, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!
This morning I woke up with swelling, pain, my eyes draining and my right check extremely red.  I'm not sure what I did yesterday to cause this...
When walking, my toes feels like I'm walking on little marshmallows. It's the swelling... :-)

This week I have a busy week.  I have some training taking place and a meeting at church.  Today, I go to MT for a few hours.  Hopefully the morning meds kick in and gives me alittle relief before I go.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Your Hope Journal
By Charles Stanley
Read | Deuteronomy 7:17-19

Like a deer paralyzed by the sudden appearance of headlights, we can be brought to a standstill by unexpected emotions or circumstances. We stare blindly at the unforeseen event, unable to think or move—helplessness has moved in with us. It is in those initial moments, when our mind is blank and our emotions frozen, that we are most vulnerable. Satan and his cohorts stand ready to whisper lies into our mind and distract us from the truth.

The Bible is essential in many ways, especially in its ability to point us to the truth. The Scriptures are a record of God’s relationship and work in and through the nation of Israel and the New Testament church. We are blessed as we read how He worked in people’s lives. It is important to develop a habit of Scripture reading so that when we face a crisis, our automatic response will be to turn to God’s Word.

A personal diary or journal is also invaluable. Why? Because it is a record of how the Lord has worked in our own life. If not recorded, many details would be forgotten. These details give a marvelous testimony to God’s presence in our life and His intervention on our behalf.

In the Old Testament, Israel was often instructed to remember what God had done. Writing down how He’s made Himself known to you personally will help you recall His goodness. It will also assist you in fighting the lies of the enemy, who says that you are helpless. God’s Word and your recorded testimony of His work in your life form a powerful weapon to make helplessness flee.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment