Friday, May 23, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
I had a pretty rough day, yesterday.  My eyes bothered me most of the trip, 8 hours.  Whether this is caused from the uv exposure or the medicine...I'm not sure.  My eyes were still pretty bloodshot before going to bed last night.  They are bloodshot again this morning and discharging. :-(
I was extremely swollen and sore last night.

We made it to Oklahoma at around 4pm yesterday.  We went out to eat at our favorite mexican restaurant last night and as usual I had too much to eat. :-( 

Today is Nolans last day of school.  They are having a picnic at the park.  I'm not sure if I should go sit in the park for 2 to 3 hours.  Today, we start the second part of our journey, we are driving to Texas for a polka fest.  It's like our communities corn on the cob day fest.  At these times in my life I wish I was normal.  :-)

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Practical Ways to Bear Burdens
By Charles Stanley
Read | 1 Thessalonians 5:14

There are hurting people everywhere, but at times we just don't know what to say or do to ease their pain. Here are six practical ways to bear someone else's burdens:

1) Be there. At times the best "method" of helping is simply to be present. During our darkest hours, we don't need someone who tries in vain to fix everything; we just need a friend.

2) Listen. Don't attempt to give answers or tell people what to do next. Injured souls frequently want only a listening ear so they can express what's on their mind.

3) Share. Never parade yourself as someone who seemingly has all the answers. Instead, allow your own pain and failures to help others.

4) Pray. There is power in speaking people's names before the Lord. When others hear someone talk to Jesus on their behalf, healing often starts to take place.

5) Give. Sometimes helping others involves more than a handshake or warm hug. Maybe they need something financial or material. One of the best measures of sincerity is how much we're willing to give to others.

6) Substitute. You may know an individual who bears the burden of caring for someone else. If you step in and take his or her place for a while, you are emulating your Savior—He, too, was a substitute.

Because we were unable to do it ourselves, Jesus bore all of our sin and sorrow, even unto death. As a result, we can live happily and eternally in communion with our Father. If Christ did that for us, how can we ever say, "I'm too busy to bear someone else's burden"?

Looking Forward to Another Great Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment