Thursday, May 22, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
Yesterday, I made it to my doctor appointment on time.  I had to apologize to Dr Danning because I never arrive late or miss my appointment.  Like I did with my last appointment.
Dr Danning thinks the flaires (swelling, pain and weekness) are symptoms of the prednisone so I start the tapper slowly, 1m at a time every two weeks, to see if it will decrease. 
If this doesn't work then we take another avenue.

After my Dr appointment we stopped in Winona to pick up my meds.  Dr Danning told me there was a generic pain patch out so she wrote out a new prescription for those.  The name brand patches cost me 500.00 for 30 and these new generic patches costs 250.00 for 30.  So I picked up 30 to see if these would help with the pain and then I can get off some of the pain medication.  :-).  I'm one that never took any medication or vitamins if I didn't need to.  I hate having to take all these meds just to get by day to day.

This morning I woke up with swelling, shoting pain, bloodshot and blurry eyes and discharge from my eyes...I'm sure the swelling is causing my eye issues.  :-(  I took my morning meds and I'm waiting for them to kick in.  They usually help with my symptoms.

Today, we continue our journey to Oklahoma to see the Kids and Grandkids...last night we stayed in Des Moines.  I got up at 5:30 thus morning but Paul and Jason are still sleeping at 6:30. I made a cup of coffee in our room.   It's a one cup at a time coffee maker.  :-).

I am so thankful for all I can do....

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Becoming a Burden Bearer
By Charles Stanley
Read | Romans 15:1-2

The Bible instructs Christians to bear one another's burdens. Doing this effectively requires three things.

• Awareness. If you're not sensitive to the struggles of those around you, how can you help them? Every Sunday you sit in church, surrounded by people who hurt intensely. The Lord knows the depth of their suffering and desires to release them from bondage, but He often works through His children. Thankfully, we have His Spirit to sensitize us to needs in our midst.

• Acceptance. We are not to bear burdens on the basis of how we feel about the other person. Jesus doesn't discriminate about whom to love or help. If we want to be like Christ, we must be willing to share in the pain of others, no matter who they are. Does this describe you? Or do you limit your support to family and friends?

• Availability. Christians sometimes relegate the work of caring for others to their pastor, figuring, That's his job, after all. Yet he, too, has burdens. Your pastor wants to help everybody in all possible ways, but if he's the only one available to offer support for the congregation, both he and the church will crumble. A faith community thrives when people bear each other's burdens. Ask yourself if there's a way you can help carry the load.

Scripture tells us the whole law is fulfilled in one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Gal. 5:14). Next to loving the Lord with all your heart, this is the second greatest command (Matt. 22:39). Therefore, when we share another person's heartache and burdens, we fulfill a great law of God.

Looking Forward to Another Great Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment