Saturday, May 10, 2014

Highs and Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!

Today, Paul, Kaylee and I are going to meet Grandma Faye, Brenda and Curt in Zumbrota to go through the second hand store and eat.  After Zumbrota, we are heading to Faribault to visit Grandma Gloria.  :-)
I've mentioned many times in my blogs that I've been swelling and hurting alot more lately.  I have flairs daily...that's how it feels anyway.  I'm tired of this battle with the DM and Lupus...
Yesterday, I mentioned that my Dr will probably need to adjust my medicine or I am going to have to start the process of taking the IV Infusion.  We will talk with the pharmaceutical company to see if they will pay for it...

I'm always trying to figure out what's going on and why so I can change whatever is causing the pain and other symptoms. I'm not having a lot of luck.

I've been trying to live a normal life.  A life of a person with DM going back into the workforce in a world of uv and florescent lights.  So because of work I've been outside more, sitting in an office or classroom with  florescent lights or near big windows. It probably doesn't help my situation but my mind needs attention also.

For the last two years I've limited my exposure to any light.  I've sat at home in the dark a lot.  I need to keep my mind sharp and my body active.  So sitting around at home all day isn't good for me either...

Both of the positions I've accepted are part-time, they are both willing to work around my conditions and I can work from home if also needed. :-). With one of my positions I have access to physical therapy :-)

When I hurt the pain takes over my mind...I don't want my mind only to focus on the pain so I use prayer, meditation and bible study to keep my mind positive.  I am also using work to accomplish this...

God knows my needs, He sees my future...I will stay focused on Him who made me.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

How to Love Your Mother
By Charles Stanley
Read | 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

As children, we showed Mom love with hugs, drawings, and cuddles. But now that we’re adults, some of us are uncertain how to demonstrate love to her. At times this is because the relationship is challenging: Meeting her needs as she ages can be emotionally draining and time-consuming. Or perhaps resentment over experiences of conflict, mistreatment, or rejection in childhood have created a barrier.

Yet despite past histories and present challenges, we cannot ignore the Bible’s command to honor our parents (Eph. 6:2). Let me suggest four ways to respect and love your mother regardless of what has happened in your relationship.

1. Love her patiently. There are no perfect mothers. We all make mistakes and carry emotional baggage that shapes our actions and responses. Just consider how patiently God deals with you, and do the same with your mom.

2. Treat her kindly. Rudeness only reveals our own imperfections and does nothing to benefit Mom or improve your relationship with her.

3. Act unselfishly. We are called to follow Christ’s example of selfless service instead of seeking convenience or our own comfort.

4. Remember that love requires forgiveness. Holding a grudge not only poisons us; it also prevents a good relationship from developing.

Now, all this sounds impossible, and it is—apart from Christ living His life through you. He knows exactly how to love your mom. And He will guide and empower you to respond as He would, if you will yield control of your life to Him.  No matter what goes on in our world God knows exactly what we need...I can face anything...

he's making the grass grow and is feeding the birds.  It makes us grateful...

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment