Sunday, May 4, 2014

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
I feel like a brand-new woman :-) yesterday I got my hair cut, styled and colored.  After my hair appointment I stopped to get my nails done. :-). I'm glad I decided to call to see if Trudy had an opening.

When I get out of bed, it takes me awhile to stabilize my footing.  I walk with small steps and alittle wobbly.  I even loose my balance and then I have to reach for the bed to stabilize myself.  :-)

For the last couple of days I've been having some pain in my nerve ending, in my right leg.  I'm hoping it's finally healing itself so I don't have to deal with it anymore. :-)

This morning before I head over to FPC I will stop by to let Eriks dogs out.  They went to Chicago to celebrate Christine's niece's first communion.  After FPC I am stopping by SAMs Club to pick up a few groceries.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Today's Bible Study

Teaching Children to Serve the Lord
By Charles Stanley

God wants us to live strong lives of serving others for Him while we live on this earth. How can your family show love to people in your neighborhood? Children enjoy sharing happiness with others and including them in your plans for ministry is a sure way to ramp up their excitement about serving God.

Here are a few simple ideas to get you started:

Bake and take cookies to new neighbors you notice have recently moved in nearby.

Share a pot full of warm soup (and all the fixings) with an elderly neighbor who has a difficult time getting out of her home.

Offer to pick up pinecones or leaves from the yard of a single mother who lives near you.

Babysit free of charge for a young couple this week who may not have the financial ability to go out very often. If your children are close in age, this could naturally become a play date for the kids.

Psalm 100:2 reminds us to, "Serve the Lord with gladness." That's a Bible verse that your children can easily remember as you guide them in serving God in fun ways this week.

 
What are the top four things Dr. Stanley’s son Andy learned from him?

How can I pass on my faith?

What is the best way to train my children?

How can I leave a godly legacy?

How do I influence my children in a way that honors God?

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment