Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!

It is cold and foggy out this morning. :-(  While I was in the bathroom, I had a little friend come in to join me, a mouse.   I suppose they are trying to get out of the cold too. :-)

When I woke up this morning I'm swollen, my head is itching, more than normal, and I have a lot more sores all over my face.  Hands are sore and red and my eyes are blood shot.  I will be calling my Dr this morning.... I'm waiting for my medicine to kick in. :-(

I am so thankful for what I can do...

--------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The Power Within

Read | Acts 1:6-9

The pressure is on. At times it seems that the problems in our lives are multiplying, and there can be enormous temptation to choose ungodly solutions. If we are to make good decisions, we need divine power and wisdom. The way to obtain that, according to James 1:5, is to ask God, who longs to bestow it on all who have yielded to His plan.

Stop to consider the potential available and already residing within each believer. The Holy Spirit’s power—which we see in the work of Jesus Christ, who resisted the Devil’s temptations, raised Lazarus from the dead, and chose God’s will over His own (Luke 22:42)—produces Christlike character in us. It’s not something we can harness or turn on and off at will. Rather, the Spirit of God knows exactly when and how to utilize it in our life.

One of God’s primary uses for this power is to cultivate spiritual fruit in His followers (Gal. 5:22-23). Unbelievers are attracted to the light of Jesus within us when we demonstrate inner quietness and steadiness in the face of difficulty. They recognize Spirit-filled behavior is not the typical human reaction. When spiritual fruit is revealed in our lives, it is like shouting the message, “Jesus is real!”

Divine power gives us the authority as well as the spiritual energy needed to carry out God’s plan. The Holy Spirit releases His power so that our lives glorify the Father and demonstrate that God does rescue and transform people through His Son Jesus Christ. Won’t you yield to the Spirit’s control so that He may work dynamically in your life and circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment