Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
Everyday is a new day, a gift to enjoy. I am trusting God to continue to bless me.  I am strong in the Lord and equiped to handle anything that may come my way.

Last night and this morning the wind is blowing really hard, making it hard to tell our temperatures are in the mid-thirties. Tomorrow our temperatures start getting colder.  A lot colder :-)

Christine and Gracie came home from the hospital yesterday.  While they were in the hospital we kept Kaylee out at our house. I slept upstairs to make sure I heard her if she woke up.  
I remembered when Erik and Kris were little, grandma Gloria, grandpa Ralph and grandma Marian would do the same thing...they would sleep nearby when the boys stayed with them so they could hear the boys if they woke up..a fond memory.

Even though I may struggle with the Lupus and DM I will continue to enjoy every day to the fullest.  
I am curious to find out if others that have these diseases have the swelling, extreme sensitivity to the light, I mean extreme or the itching head or are these symptoms my added bonus????  Lucky me :-)

Today Paul has a Dr appontment for his second cortisone shot in his shoulder.  The shoulder has been giving him trouble for some time now.  He had one shot already but It didn't do the trick.  
On our way home from the Dr we are planning on stopping at Sams Club to pick up a few things for Christmas.  

One of the best things about Christmas is having our whole family together. What a beautiful gift... 
This year Joanna won't be able to make it home for Christmas so Paul and I are planning on going down to Oklahoma to stay with her and celebrate a late Christmas.  

I am so thankful for my family...

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

The God Who Relates to Us
 Read | John 15:14-17

As much as our heavenly Father cares about our salvation, He also places high priority on another aspect of our Christian life: He is interested in building a relationship with you and me—the kind that Jesus built with His disciples.

Can you imagine a higher compliment than for the God of the universe to say, “I want a personal, intimate relationship with you?” What this means is that our heavenly Father wants to make it possible for a mutual sharing of the highest order. He is interested in genuine conversation and listening. He longs to spend time with you. He seeks openness and transparency with no dark, hidden secrets between you and Him.

God created us in His image, which means that we can reason and experience emotion, free choice, and commitment. He wants to love us and have us love Him in return. He thinks of us not merely as servants, but as friends in whom He can confide. That is why Jesus said to His disciples, “All things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you” (John 15:15).

It was a special privilege for the disciples to live, work, and interact with the incarnate Christ. But we are also privileged because this very day, two thousand years later, the Father desires to build as warm and intimate a relationship with us as His Son did with those first-century followers. Our God is not some distant, transcendent deity. He’s close. And He is ever calling us to greater intimacy with Him. Won’t you respond to Him today?

 Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment