Sunday, December 29, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!  The wind is strong and the air is cold this morning.  Brrrrrrrr

I left this morning at 7am to get to FPC to find out they are only holding am 11am service.  When I was walking around the church to find a door that was unlocked...I was out of breath and weak.  No door was unlocked...
So I'm taking this time to walk and build some strength, hopefully, and walk off some of the weight I've gained over Christmas...then I'll run back over to FPC.

Paul isn't feeling very well, again.  He's been catching a lot of crud this year, not sure why???  Hopefully he can get over this cold/flu quickly.  He got his blood drawn two weeks back but we haven't heard of any changes...
I'm hoping I don't get anything...I've already had my share of crud also.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

A Vision for Believers
By Dr. Charles Stanley

People often have bright aspirations for their lives. Some aim for a high-powered career or financial success. Others dream about making close friendships or impacting the world.

But no matter what our personal goals may be, the Lord has cast a vision for all of His children. It is known as the Great Commission: “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you” (Matthew 28:19-20).

What does it mean, to “make disciples”? Some Christians think this refers to adding new church members and growing the size of the congregation. But God is not interested in numbers or external appearances; He’s concerned about genuine heart change. So He commissions His followers to lead others, first to saving faith in Jesus Christ and then to the next step—baptism—as a public declaration of their trust in the Savior.

Once Jesus shared these objectives, most of the disciples spent the rest of their days fulfilling them. In fact, almost every one gave his life to accomplish them.

This command has not changed. God still expects us, His children, to share the good news of the gospel, to teach people how to be followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, and to baptize those who are saved.

Are you living with God’s purpose as your guide? Ask Him for opportunities and the courage to share His message of hope and love.

Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment