Friday, December 27, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Day!

I was swollen and in pain again last night.  Throbbing pain...I didn't go anywhere yesterday so I don't think it was the exposure to light, unless it Is inside lighting???? That's possible or is it because of something I ate???  It would be so much easier to manage the DM and Lupus if I could only understand what causes my swelling????  This morning again I wait for my medication to kick in to get relief from the pain.

The kids and grandkids are here from Oklahoma.  Yesterday, Nolan was enjoying the warming trend, we are experiencing.  He was playing outside, making a snowman and sledding.  Grant went shopping with his mom.

Tomorrow I am planning on running over to Faribault to visit grandma Gloria...
I started heading over on Christmas Day but turned around because of the roads...
 
I also have a few errands to run...I need to exchange some items for a friend and pick up Paul and my medication.  Never a dull moment...

So thankful for all I can do...

---------------------------
Today's Bible Study

God's Emphasis on Jesus
Read | Colossians 3:1-4

The idea of eternity is a hard one to grasp. Though it is difficult to wrap the human mind around the concept of endlessness, God wants His children to live with an eternal perspective. So throughout Scripture, He stresses Christ’s second coming to help us think about our life in those terms.

Realizing that Jesus could return at any time keeps the church’s focus right. Paul reminds us to set our minds on heavenly things rather than on the things of earth (Col. 3:2). Though we live in the material world, we’re to consider long-term impact when deciding where to spend our time, money, and energy.

One critically important decision for us involves obeying God’s call to evangelize. Every believer has a personal responsibility to share the gospel with people in his or her sphere of influence (Matt. 28:19). The goal of the church, as well as individual believers, must be to take along as many as possible into eternity. But for that to happen, believers need to get busy sharing the good news before Jesus returns. People won’t come to Christ unless they’ve heard the story of His grace, mercy, and redemption.

The Word of God emphasizes Jesus’return so that believers will live with an eternal mindset. Christ can come back at any time, and when He does, those who have trusted Him as Savior will experience uninterrupted, never-ending life in His presence. In preparation for that day, we must live now with our feet on the ground, our hands busy for God, and our spiritual eyes watching for the Savior’s arrival.

Looking forward to another great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment