Friday, December 13, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!
In God's presence is fullness of joy...fullness in all we need.  I have been blessed.  I am free from anything trying to hold me back. Me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

The other day when Kaylee was staying over, she walked into the bathroom and looked at a book in a rack.  It had a picture of Jesus on it.  Kaylee said that's Jesus.  Then she holds her hands up like Jesus was on the cover of the book.  I said Jesus says come to me...that's why he's holding His hands that way.  :-)

This morning I woke up at 3:30am...I thought I heard Christine, got up and after realizing it was probably a dream I went back to bed.   

When I was outside yesterday afternoon I noticed my body flaring, swelling and hurting again.  This morning I am still swollen.  My whole body continues to tingle all over.  The tingling goes on and off throughout the day.
I'm waiting on my medicine to kick in, again.  I'm still on 20mg of prednisone and a combination of many other meds.  It's amazing how well the prednisone works with the swelling and hurting even though it's not good for longer-term use.   It's so hard on my body in so many ways. 
It sounds like my next step will be having the infusions. Dr. Mariner mentioned if I went on the infusions I can get off a lot of my other medications and I would have less side affects.  I would be able to do so much more than I am right now.  My next appointment with Dr. Danning is in January.  That will be when I would start the infusions.

I received my mammogram results and everything looks normal.  The only other thing is to have my swallowing test to see if my esophagus needs to be stretched.  Dr. Mariner also reminded me I have Barretts esophagus and we will have to watch to make sure it doesn't turn to cancer.

Yesterday, Kaylee and I had a great day visiting Grandma Gloria and Grandma Faye.  The last time I saw Grandma Gloria she was sleeping all the time, they were still trying to find the right dosage.  :-( 

Today, Paul and I have no plans so I will wrap the last gift and go back to cleaning.  I put it off knowing it will need cleaning again tomorrow anyway. :-). It's so close to being done anyway...I need to get to it.

This weekend, we are having my side of the families Thanksgiving, Christmas and celebrating mom's birthday.  After the family gathering, we'll stop over to see grandma Gloria.

My cousin, Jon and my grandma, Ruth are coming up for Iowa for our gathering on Saturday.  I'm going to ask Jon if he wants to come over for Christmas Eve and Christmas.  His mom, Dorothy died this year and his sister is in Wyoming so if he has no other plans he is always welcome at our home.  I found out he had no place to go on Thanksgiving.  :-(

So thankful for all I can do...

------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Can Eternal Life Be Earned?

Read | Mark 10:17-22

Sometimes teenagers decide on a course of action first and ask for input later. And then, if the response is one they don’t want to hear, they often react negatively. Believers can act the same way toward God.

One day a wealthy man came to Jesus and asked, “What shall I do to inherit eternal life?” (Mark 10:17). Having spent his days keeping the commandments, he wanted to know what else needed to be done to secure his position in heaven. The man erroneously believed that eternal life could be earned.

Satan, the great deceiver, promotes the false idea that man can make himself acceptable in God’s eyes. Many of us have fallen victim to the Devil’s lies and approach God on the basis of our conduct or performance. Just like the rich man, we may have thought, God will accept me because I am doing the right things. Or perhaps we have assumed that our good deeds outweigh any wrong we have done.

In thinking this way, we have established our own standard of acceptability and ignored God’s. He says we all have a flesh nature bent away from Him, and nothing we do will pay for our sin debt. Only faith in Jesus, who died in our place, makes us acceptable to God. Through the Savior, we are forgiven of our sins and receive life everlasting. Apart from Christ, we face eternal punishment.

The rich young man chose to walk away from Jesus. How do you respond when the truth of Scripture conflicts with what you believe? Do you embrace God’s standard or turn away to follow your own desires?

Looking forward to another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment