Sunday, December 1, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!

Yesterday and today we've had highs in the 40's :-) 

After our nail appointment yesterday, we went to Bakers Square for lunch....Chad called me to let me know he was in Rochester. So Bob, Chad and Kris joined us for lunch.. It was so nice to see them. :-) Chad's looking good and I continue to pray for great things to happen in his life.

Grandma Gloria is still sleeping a lot...
Her birthday is December 6th, she will be 88 years old. 

My mom's, grandma Faye's birthday is December 13th, she will be 76 years old.

I decided I would take a part-time position at a local church.  I am putting together a faith based curriculum for children, infants through 2nd grade. Today was my first day and I really enjoyed it... :- ). They are very understanding about the DM and Lupus.

I'm having blurry vision and at times double vision.  It's been going on since I started the new medicine...it's the medication that works together with methotrexate.  I also get very tired.  I have a hard time keeping my eyes open in the afternoon. :-)

I have tests this week and I see the Dr on Monday, December 9th. I will see what she decides to do.  I'm afraid they will have to do infusions if this medicine doesn't work.

I've also been getting sores on my right leg and my face.  Hoping they go away soon... :-)

I am so thankful for all I can do...

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

By Dr. Charles Stanley

 In Mark 16:15, Jesus commanded His disciples to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” But what exactly is the gospel? Even believers can’t always give a clear definition for this word. Let’s take a closer look at what this biblical term means.

1. The gospel is good news.

  The word for “gospel” in Greek originally meant “reward for doing good.” Eventually it came to mean “good news.”

How would you define the gospel in your own words?

Briefly summarize the gospel, according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

2. The gospel also has some bad news.

In order for the gospel to be good news, each person must first realize that there was bad news. The problem is that without Christ, each of us is hopelessly headed for eternal separation from God.

The prophet Isaiah wrote that “all of us like sheep have gone astray” (Is. 53:6). What characteristics of sheep do you think Isaiah had in mind?

The price of sin is high. Romans 6:23 says that “the wages of sin is death.”  What do you think the apostle Paul meant by that phrase?

In what ways do people reap the “wages of sin”?

3. The gospel expresses God’s grace.

Thankfully Romans 6:23 doesn’t end with our wrongdoings. What does the rest of this verse say about eternal life?

Why is it important that salvation is by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8-9)?

What reasons do non-believers give to justify their acceptance into heaven?

Why aren’t these reasons sufficient (Rom. 3:21-28)?

4. The gospel is for everyone.

God desires that all people accept the free gift of eternal life (John 3:16; 1 Tim. 2:3-4). 

How do people learn of God’s offer for eternal life? The Lord uses believers to share the gospel with others through relationships, local outreaches to the poor, missions support, or service abroad. Opportunities to spread the good news are limitless.

In what ways do you currently share the gospel?

Ask God what He would have you do to take the good news to others this week.

5. The gospel is unique.

In John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” A popular idea today is that every road leads to God. By this, people mean all religions are equally valid paths to heaven. But Jesus boldly proclaimed that He is the only way to the Father. 

Why do you think people prefer to believe there are more than one path to God, when the way of the cross is so simple?

Closing: The Father, in His infinite wisdom, has only one requirement for salvation—that we place faith in His Son. In terms of eternal life, it makes no difference how virtuous or sinful a person has been. Humanity’s helpless, hopeless condition has only one answer: trusting in Jesus Christ and His atoning death on the cross.

Prayer: Father, thank You for sending Your Son to die so that I could be forgiven of all my sins. Please empower me to share this good news with my family, neighbors, and friends, both near and far. I surrender my will to be used by You, and I look forward to the work You will accomplish through me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

 Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment