Monday, December 23, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Another Beautiful Morning!  

Yesterday, I was talking about coming to grips with DM and Lupus.  The most difficult part of the disease is having the flares and not being able to go outside.  Unfortunately I've been having fares often.        

So often we ask God, Why?...we need to understand where this path is leading and why this happened to us??  What did I do to deserve this?? I want a time out!

But really, I know God is with me through the long haul...I need to do my part on this journey...I need to step up and accept my responsibility... I have it and I don't want to screw it up.  I'm not sure why I've been put on this path but I am giving this back to God to help me along this journey.  

No matter what unjust thing has happened in my life, God will make it up to me.  I have seen it so many times before.

I am so thankful for all I can do...

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

Jesus Christ, Our Messiah
Read | Luke 4:16-21

Jesus didn’t go around flaunting His power or greatness. Since He had come to do the Father’s will (John 6:38), redeeming the lost was His priority and purpose. However, the Lord didn’t hide His identity from the world either. When necessary, Jesus clearly identified Himself as the Messiah.

One of Jesus’ most beautiful sermons was given to an audience of one—a woman drawing water from a Samaritan well. After listening to Jesus’ teaching on living water and His prophecies of a change in the way people worshipped God, the woman mentioned the promised Messiah. The Lord replied, “I who speak to you am He” (John 4:26). Her response was to gather as many townsfolk as she could find to listen to this man who knew her life story and offered love and redemption anyway.

When the time came for Jesus to reveal His identity to the priests and religious leaders, He did so by reading the prophecy of Isaiah 61 and then claiming to be its fulfillment (Luke 4:18-21). He announced that He was the One who would preach the gospel to the poor, release the captives, and give sight to the blind. He didn’t use the word “Messiah,” nor did He have to. All Israel knew that Isaiah’s words applied to God’s “Anointed One.”

Some modern thinkers would like to marginalize Jesus as simply a good man with a message of love. But He was the first to proclaim Himself as more than that. He is the virgin-born Son of God, who came to bear the sins of mankind and die on the cross. He is the Messiah.

 Looking forward to another great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment