Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Highs -n- Lows Living with the Disease

Tuesday, July 23rd

Another beautiful morning.  The thunderstorms we were expecting yesterday afternoon passed by us to the  southeast...
Today it's going to be much cooler with highs only in the 70's :-)

Cleaning and sorting has been tough on my body expecally my back :-( I have to stop and rest a lot.  Paul has been very helpful. :-)  I still have so much to go through yet.  We filled our first dumpster and now we are working at filling the second one.

My right side is still very sensitive.It hurts when I take a shower and the water touches it, when I sit on the toilet and my shirt rubs against it, if anyone touches it in passing or if I sit the wrong way... :-(  My dad had shingles before he died.  He was one that never complained...So you never knew anything was wrong.  I miss him...

Kaylee stayed over last night.  Her daycare provider is on vacation this week. She has been helping sort things also.  She found some toys in my dads shed.  :-)

--------------------------------
Today's Bible Study

What We Can Learn from Jonah

Read | Psalm 139:1-10

In the light of God’s omniscience and omnipresence, it is easy to wonder why Christians still attempt to run from Him. Jonah certainly demonstrated that it could not be done, and yet people insist on trying. But why?

Sometimes people who try to run from God are acting out of pure selfishness—it seems we have an unlimited capacity to believe we know what is best for us, no matter what God thinks or says. At times we balk out of simple fear: we are afraid that we might not succeed; we are concerned that others will be critical of our efforts; or perhaps we fear obedience might be too costly. But no matter what our reason is, we often fail to recognize the high price of turning aside and trying to flee from the Lord.

Jonah paid dearly for his rebellion. Not only did he suffer embarrassment, terror, and guilt, but he also jeopardized the lives of innocent men. You cannot run from the Lord without inflicting heavy punishment on innocent people. How many fathers and mothers walk away from their children and say, “I can do what I want. It’s my own life.” No, it is not. You cannot leave little children fatherless or motherless without reaping lifelong pain and suffering. Nor can you sin against the Lord without paying a terrible price yourself and hurting others in the process.

In spite of this awful reality, it is also true that God is forgiving—He offers a second or third or fortieth or millionth chance (Jonah 3:1) He kept after Jonah as long as it was necessary, and He will be faithful to you as well.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment